Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify MM02

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to modify material master (Change only one value in Material master). I have developed a custom program using FM "BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA" to modify the record (It is working fine as required). The number of records I need to modify is over 200 thousand (200000). I have following question:

1. Is it fine to execute the program, upload file from presentation server and let the BAPI modify material master. (May be I will upload in batch of 50 thousand).

or

2. Should I use LSMW to do it?

I have not worked on LSMW before so wanted to go with first option.

Please advice.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try to use the MM17 transaction?

0 Kudos

No, I have not tried MM17. Never used it before. Can we use excel file to make changes to Material Master?

I want to change one field in MRP2 view but it can have different value for different material.

Thanks,

Amol..

Edited by: AP on Apr 17, 2009 11:03 PM

0 Kudos

If you are sure about the data which you are uploading (if its error free data) then you can use direct method functionmodules / programs to upload master data. You can think about that also.

0 Kudos

I want to modify material master (Change only one value in Material master). I have developed a custom program using FM "BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA" to modify the record (It is working fine as required). The number of records I need to modify is over 200 thousand (200000). I have following question:

1. Is it fine to execute the program, upload file from presentation server and let the BAPI modify material master. (May be I will upload in batch of 50 thousand).

or

2. Should I use LSMW to do it?

I have not worked on LSMW before so wanted to go with first option.

I want to change one field in MRP2 view but it can have different value for different material.

Please advice.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

HI,

1. I prefer to go with LSMW first

2. If you cannot use LSMW then write the program to upload using BDC Session. Instead of processing all the records at once..you need to process in sets..where each set consist of 50000 records...each session for each set. This is to overcome runtime error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suggest u to go ahead with FM as ur record count is very huge. I suggest u not to go for LSMW as its not possible to handle changing position of MRP 2 screen in view selection screen for every material.

Regards,

Pritish