Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner tables

former_member208541
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

iam confused about KNA1 table. It stores general data for customers. Does it mean we have a different records in KNA1 for partner function payer,sold to,ship to etc.

Can someone explain in detail about partner function tables.. VBPA is sales order partner function table. which is delivery partner and billing partner table.

regards

sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're right that KNA1 has general data -- note it also includes account group which can be helpful depending on what you're going after.

But account group isn't partner functions. Two tables which have this info are:

VBPA - which has partner functions for given documents (like sales orders, deliveries, billing).

KNVP - has the partner functions at master data level (like for a given sold to what are the partners linked to it).

Hope this helps.

former_member208541
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks a lot for the reply.

Could you aslo pls tell me the link between account group and partner function...sometimes i reaaly get confused since i have not worked a lot on these.

for eg.

in XD01, i select account group "sold to party" and fill in all the address fields etc and all the shipping and sales tabes and save it. the system gives a customer no . no if i go in change mode of this customer master and see the partner tab, all partnerr functions like sold to , bill to, ship to etc will be there with same customer number !!!. this customer master will have only one adrdress i entered in general tab..... and when i see in kna1, i can see the address for this customer.

now after doing the above

if i now create another customer with account group, "ship to" and fill in all information like general , shipping info,sales info etc and save it, the customer no will be generated. if i see this customer in changes mode, in the partner tab, i can again see all the partner functions with same cusomer no,

now if i attach this ship to party to sold to party in first step and see in kna1, whihc address is visible to me, the sold to or ship to.

regrads

sachin

former_member208541
Participant
0 Kudos

continuiing my ealrier questions in reply to your asnw, can i control that if iam creating a customer master for account group ship to...... on saving the customer master, the partner functions determine in customer master is only ship to and no other partner function.......

i have more more question..... what is the use of dertemining partner function in delivery documents.. for instance if ship to party is not determined in delivery thru partner determination,,... does that mean i will not be able to send idoc contanining ship to party information to my customer ?????

regards

sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sonu,

To get familiar with how things work for customers/account groups & partner functions along with usuage at master data & document level, read thru the documentation available via IMG -- it's really helpful. Here's the pathing to get you started:

Partner info can be found: Sales and Distribution>>Basic Functions>>Partner Determination

Account group data can be found: Logistics-General>>Business Partner>>Control>>Define Account Groups and Field Selection for Customers

Good luck.

former_member315051
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All the customer master partner functions (SP,SH.BP,PY) General data will be stored in KNA1