SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom EMIGALL Object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I have a requirement to create a custom EMIGALL object with 2 structures HDR & Details. If any one has done this before, could you please pass on those details?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Ramesh

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

Through EMIGALL you can create customised object by selecting either service module (functional module), BDC recording, using BAPI or by copying object from SAP company to your company.

By knowing structure its difficult to create custom object thr EMIGALL, first try to find out function module which serves your purpose and then create custom object thr EMIGALL and allocate identified function module as service module.

Hope this serves your purpose, for any query pls let me know.

friedrich_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

please have a look at thread with a link to a new SAP document that shows how to create the requested custom migration object.

Kind regards,

Fritz

0 Kudos

Hi Fritz,

I got that pdf link from Michelle. (I think you sent it to her)

I found another way to do the same.

Any way, many thanks for that.

Ramesh

friedrich_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

Why don't you share your solution with the community? Can you outline it?

Cheers,

Fritz

anshul_varshney2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

You can create custom EMIGALL Object via

1) BDC migration object

2) BAPI migration object.

2) To create using BAPI

o The interface of the function module may contain either fields or flat structures as import, export, or changing parameters. It is not possible to define table types as importing or exporting parameters.

o The interface of the function module may contain table parameters based on flat structures.

o The function module may execute neither a COMMIT WORK nor a ROLLBACK WORK.

o The interface must include a parameter named RETURN, either as an export parameter or as a table parameter. The return parameter may be based on one of the reference structures BAPIRET1, BAPIRET2, or BAPIRETURN. The return parameter must be filled in the logon language (for example, in using the BALW_BAPIRETURN_GET2 function module) and report any error that might have occurred during processing to the calling program.

o The interface must not include exceptions.

During the generation of the BAPI migration object, the IS Migration Workbench analyses the parameter interface of the service function module. If the RETURN parameter can be found in the parameter interface, the IS Migration Workbench adds an event at the CALL01 generation point to generate in the load report a call of the ISU_M_BAPI_MESSAGE_PROCESSING function module. This function module analyses the error messages in the RETURN parameter as returned by the service function module of the BAPI migration object. The ISU_M_BAPI_MESSAGE_PROCESSING function sets the DB_UPDATE parameter to X if no error message is returned, otherwise to space.

Go to EMIGALL --> migration object --> Create

enter the migration object name you want to create and Migration class as BAPI, click create.

on the next window enter the abbreviation for the migration object and the FM/BAPI for which you want to create the custom Object and hit enter.

SAP then creates the new migration object which can be used as any other standard Migration object.

Note: you can update the value of the return field as per your requirement. SAP pre populate the return field details as default.

Cheers!!!

anshul_varshney2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

[try the link https://service.sap.com/~sapdownload/011000358700000500572009E/Guideline_ISMW.pdf];

try the above link to get more details.