cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone used B1 in a Linux Environment?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has used B1 in a Linux X Windows environment? I know that the recommended environment for B1 is Windows 2000 or 2003, but I'm still curious if anyone has used it in a Linux environment.

Steve Wang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

In the Documentation Resource Center on the SAP Partner Edge portal there is documentation about SAP Business One 2004 B on Linux. So it should be possible ánd supported (at least for that version)...

Kind regards,

Rowdy

former_member185703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rowdy is correct:

The Linux version has been released - so it should work ... but it has been released for the Chinese localization only!

Regards,

Frank

BTW: IBM has done some demo for a Linux fair last year with only Server Tools + DB (US demo DB on DB2) running on the Linux server + Windows clients.

Such a configuration is not released + maybe not fully supported by the licensing mechnaism (remember that the "Installation" / "Software Order" is bound to Operating system + DB system), but apparently it worked...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Rowdy and Frank.

Regards,

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Although you are saying that SAP B1 version for Linux is available in Chaina only....but my question to you is:

Can we install SAP B1 on Windows connected with DB2 on Linux (Exclusive to the for-mentioned Chaina version)?

AdKerremans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi hilal,

Yes you can.

Regards

Ad

Answers (0)