Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transportation optimizing in SAPECC6.0

former_member1207446
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a customer implementing SAPECC6.0, together with a 3rd party transportation planning system (TMS).

They want the TMS to optimize planning of routes and carriers and then create shipments in SAPECC6.0. But, I am a bit confused how this is going to work, because routes are already defined in the sales orders and the deliveries in SAPECC6.0...and without rerunning ATP checks for these objects, how are we gonna have the TMS to pick the most cost effective route?

So our customer wants the TMS to pick the best route for our sales orders. My response back to them is that this is not how it works, since there will not be a real time interaction between the SAPECC6.0 and the TMS system (response time is in 3 hour intervals). My response back is that they need to pick the route in SAP in the sales order and/or delivery, send the delivery to the TMS system where the most cost efficient carrier is picked.

Does anyone have any experience from a project/issue like this? Is it possible to have the sales orders and/or deliveries in SAPECC6.0 rerouted from a TMS without rerunning ATP (and other functions)?

Thanks in advance,

Ola

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

v_nathan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Send the deliveries to TMS and let TMS create the shipments and the optimized route for delivering the shipments. Once the shipment is set, TMS will send the information back to SAP and the sales orders/delivery will be updated.

Hope this helps.

Nathan

Answers (0)