cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logic for table EDSDC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Can someone explain the logic for making an entry in table EDSDC.

I have one issue where there are 4 entries for the same customer in EDSDC. But vendor and sales area are different.

I cannot understand why the table entries are made.

Thanks & Regards

Sonalika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Sonalika,

Tthe table EDSDC is used for determining the sales area / order type while creating sales orders through inbound IDOCs. The inbound IDOC will have customer number and sales area / order type are being taken from this table.

Hope this clarifies you.

thanks

raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

Thanks.

My doubt is that the EDSDC table entry for a particular customer has 4 entries. All the 4 entries are for same customer number but different vendor number and sales area.

What is the use of these 4 vendor numbers?

Thanks & Regards

Sonalika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonalika,

Did you get a solution for you're issue? i have the similar issue where i have 3 entries for the same customer but need different document types. I was thinking of adding random vendor #'s in the EDSDC table with same customer # and different doc type but doesnt work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michelle.

Former Member
0 Kudos

found the solution myself...thot of sharing with others........use EDPAR table for linking an external number to the customer number(SAP) and enter this external number in the vendor field in the EDSDC table.

In the IDoc this external needs to be in E1EDKA1-LIFNR segment for it to work. wen this happens the EDPAR maintenance helps determine the partner in SAP and the EDSDC determines which sales area and document type the order is created.

I hope this helps someone.........

Michelle...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mitchelle. My query is answered now.

Regards

Sonalika

sanoficep
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

Could you please help me as how is this table EDSDC updated? I mean, this table is a standard SAP table; so this can not be updated by user directly. So my doubt is, how this table is getting updated? (ex: KNA1 table gets updated from when customer record is created).

Regards,

Answers (0)