cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server based integration in groupware from CRM to Outlook

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.

I am able to synch Appointments,Tasks and Contacts from CRM to Microsoft Outlook and Outlook to CRM but they are client based and every time i create an appointment Task and Contact i need to do a manual synchronization. What settings i need for an Automatic synchronization of these activities and contacts from CRM To Outlook and Outlook to CRM.Emails are synchronizing without a manual synch but Appointments, Tasks and contacts or Not.

Any help on this would be very appriciative.

Thanks and Regards

Sama

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sama,

As you rightly said for dynamic synchronization of Activites,Tasks and Contacts you will have to opt out Server Based Groupware integration.- You need to configure the Exchange Connector- which performs the message synchronization between the CRM server and the groupware server.

-You will have to Confgure Groupware Adapter Settings.You will have to distinguish between public folder synchronization (GWA01) and private folder synchronization (GWA02).

-Also needed Abap based Mapbox manitenance

The connection between the connectors and the groupware adapter is established through the SOAP over http.

You can take help of Groupware Adapter Doc and CRMConn_2_1_6_InstGuide available in Market Place to configure.

Regds...

Arup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arup.

Thanks for the reply. I have checked all the settings and looked at every detail but still my problem is not resolved. If you have any reference document it would help me a lot.

Thanks

sama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sama,

Where is this giving error??

Groupware Adapter Doc and CRMConn_2_1_6_InstGuide available in Market Place.

Also we should know you can work on Client based and Server based groupware simultaneously.

Regds...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arup.

It is not giving any error but every time i careate an Appointment,Tasks and Contacts i have to manually do the synchronization. I agree with you that we can use both Client and server based sysnchronization. But my goal is to synch all of the above automatically without any manual intervention either using Client based or server based synchs.

Thanks

Sama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sama,

Just to rectify m typo error we cant use Client and Server based Integration Simultaneously.

If you want to sync all of the above automatically without any manual intervention you must go for server based groupware integration.

I think you have not yet configured the Server based Integration. You need to follow the steps below:-

1- You need to configure the Exchange Connector- which performs the message synchronization between the CRM server and the groupware server.( Help- CRMConn_2_1_6_InstGuide)

-You will have to Confgure Groupware Adapter Settings.You will have to distinguish between public folder synchronization (GWA01) and private folder synchronization (GWA02). ( Help GWA_Customizing_and_UserGuide)

-Also needed Abap based Mapbox manitenance ( Help GWA_Customizing_and_UserGuide)

Regds....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arup.

Thanks let me go through these documents. But let me tell you one thing i have integrated outlook and CRM WebUI 2007 successfully and able to synch Appointments, Tasks both directions and Contacts CRM to Outlook. But these are all happening manually i have to synch every time i create an appointment and Task. This one should happen automatically. I have don almost all the settings and every thing i checked twice but still not able to synch Automatically.

Let me try the above docs and will come back to you.

Thanks

sama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arup.

I searched in SAP And Google but did not find any document is it possible to send me a link.

Would appriciate it.

Thanks

sama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow the Link below:-

https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_SHORTKEY=011000358700006471...

Navigate to SAP CRM -SAP CRM 2005CRM Core and Standalone Components

Regds....

Arup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arup.

This is the first time iam implementing the groupware which is why i have so many doubts. Now just to clarify with you again. Is it possible to Synchronize Appointments, Tasks and Contacts from CRM to Outlook and vise versa without any manual synchronization.The moment i create any of those in CRM should appear in Outlook and Created in Outlook should appear in CRM without any synchronization. Can you tell me is it possible. Because when we configure groupware integration with Outlook we perform client side configuration from WebUI Personalize. My question is when we make it server based synchronization do we need to stop this client based setting from WebUI or the settings still remain and we configure the sever side integration from CRM and Middileware. I have done almost all the settings from Server based integration but still not able to synch them automatically. If you could send me a reply on this it would be much help.

Thanks and Regards

sama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sama,

Replies follows:-

1- Is it possible to Synchronize Appointments, Tasks and Contacts from CRM to Outlook and vise versa without any manual synchronization?

Ans- Yes It is possible. Middleware adapter objects after the intial load takes care of all changes both side.It will happen automatically. No need to sync this manually.

2- My question is when we make it server based synchronization do we need to stop this client based setting from WebUI or the settings still remain and we configure the sever side integration from CRM and Middileware

Ans- You can either use Client based or Server based. So you need to stop client based integration and configure the server based GWI.

3- have done almost all the settings from Server based integration but still not able to synch them automatically. If you could send me a reply on this it would be much help.

Ans- this as I mentioned in my previous reply it includes many a steps. It will be easier for me to give you an answer if you let me know what message or error you are getting.what is the monitoring status of your Lotus Connector,is the XML files getting genarated, whats the status after intial load etc...

Regds...

Arup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arup Satapathy,

how to stop the client-based groupware integration.

My Scenario is:

We use Client-based Groupware Integration with Outlook now,  and try to change to Server-based Groupware Integration with Exchange 2010.

We followed the steps as http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm700_ehp01/helpdata/en/57/4cfc3a49134cc398b413f7ee775aa1/frameset.htm

My problem is:

Although the Task, Appointment and Contacts can automaticly synchronize,

but Sending and Receiving E-mail is still using the Outlook Client-based mathod, the Server-based mathod is not working.

I am waiting for your help online. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Arup

We are using server based GW integration.. From yesterday we are not able to see the appointments in outlook calander. Could you please let me know what are the check points I have to look into to find out what went wrong since yesterday?

We have a very high ticket, any help is valuable.

Thanks and Regards

Hari Kumar

former_member203029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hari, Have you got this cleared out? if so could you please let us know how to solve the issue. Regards, Kaushik G