Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small Doubt in ALE config

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam reffering this blog to do ALE settings

/people/swaroopa.vishwanath/blog/2007/01/22/ale-configuration-for-pushing-idocs-from-sap-to-xi

If i completly follow this Blog means , Is there is any need to do in WE20 & WE21 entries ????

Instead of doing through this blog can i do in this way....

1) Create LS in SALE

2) Create RFC Destination in SM59 with the above created LS name

3) Create WE21 Port

4) Create We20 Partner Profile

Is this way is ok rather than going in the Above mentioned Blog.

What is the difference between these Two Approches

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

I had a case where WE20, WE21 were configured properly and still no outbound IDocs were sent.

After adding DM in BD64 it started working. System did not have change pointers active.

Anyway I recommend configuring BD64 first, since it offers auto-generation of WE20,WE21.

Cheers,

Ofer

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the difference is that the blog guides you howto create a Distribution Model for ALE and the step you mean are just creating partner profiles, ports and RFC. But no Distribution Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

Why not doing it the way outlined in the blog?

And to answer your questions:

Yes you need WE20 and WE21, otherwise the system does not know where do post your IDoc.

You also need a distribution model to make the sample work "automatically".

Of course you can manually start to create an IDoc. Then you do not need a distribution model.

What is the goal of your scenario? How should it work?

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

You mean to say Even though we configured according to this blog , we need to create WE21 & WE20 Entries???

But in this Blog in Generate Parterner Profile they have showed like the Port and the Partner Profiles are created by doing Generate Parterner Profile activity..

REgards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to achieve like this way--- generate the Idoc and send it to XI

Sales order processing and Delivery document creation will happen in SAP. This interface is needed to send the SAP delivery document to File System using Idoc

This IDoc will be generated from an output condition type from the SAP delivery document.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

If you crteate a distribution model using BD64 and then generate Partner Profile and Port from there then you do not need to maintain it manually - unless you want to fine-tune some settings (e.g. direct sending or sampling of IDocs etc.).

However you need partner profile and port (generated by BD64 or created manually).

Have a nice weekend!

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any Difference between these Two Approches

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamasi,

After creating distribution model, you can generate partner profile automatically by just one single push button. It avoids our manual process of creating partener profile.

However you can create partner profile manually as well using WE20 / WE21. But in both cases you need distribution model if you want to send message to XI system.

"Generate the partner profiles by selecting the navigation path from the main menu, Environment --> Generate Partner profiles " --> Will make life easier by auto. generating profile for you base on distribution model parameter. ( Just one click n everything would be done).

Both are doing same thing.

Hope this will ans. your query.

Thanks,

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>However you can create partner profile manually as well using WE20 / WE21. But in both cases you need distribution model if you want to send message to XI system

You mean even though i create entries manually in WE20 & WE21, i need Distribution Model???

But with out having the Distribution Model I worked in Previous project, by managing with WE20 & WE21

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

DM is just mandatory if you use change pointers (BD61)