cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRICAT price determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

We need to send out an automated Price Catalogue to one of our customers every week covering the pricing for the next week. From what I see only one date can be entered in the price determination tab of the catalogue in VPRICAT. If I leave this blank then the validity of the material in the catalog is supposed to be taken but it looks like only one price is included in the message?

How can we achieve to include several prices (in case there is a price change say tomorrow we need to include today's price and tomorrow;s one in the same transmission).

any help highly appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

SAP allows only one price date...

If you dont enter the key price date, Price date is taken from the Validity base date @ material assortment.

Iam also working on the similar solution. If I make headway, I will communicate to you.

Iam also working on price change notification (weekly)...Do you know to how to use send it out.

Here's the approach.... Iam using.

1. Planning to use the same price catalogue and change the key price date for next week --> Generate Price catalog (PRICAT02) IDOC with new price.

SAP though recognize the key price date change happened @ header but its not re-pricing them based on the new date.

Any Help is greatly appreciated.

Joe G Aravindan,PMP

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Joe

You are right, PRICAT only allows one price date and therefore one price per product in each message. I have confirmed this with the SAP helpdesk. This restriction does not make much sense in my opinion; I would have thought that it is a basic need in this sort of messages to be able to include more than one price with different validity dates.

I am also getting the same issue when changing the price date only within the same catalogue and executing engineering change management. Sometimes price change shows in the change log but the new pricing is not pulled in. Other times no change at all is recognized. I have not been able to find the correct settings for this. Have you made any progress?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did anyone find a workaround for this as we have just upgraded to ECC5 and need this functionality also??

Thanks,

Gordon

FL, USA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did anyone find a workaround for this as we have just upgraded to ECC5 and need this functionality also??

Thanks,

Gordon

FL, USA

0 Kudos

Hello Diego,

We could make it work using the standard solution with some enhancement to work around the UPC Issue.. SAP is strict about the defn about the UPC (meaning one UPC value refers to one single part and uom ) which is very hard to find in material master.. Its lot of performance hogging as well.

Having experience the standard solution and its limitations (not fitting the real industry practice), I might prefer the custom solution. Standard SAP solution got lot of features but its a white elephant.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

johnattan_company
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Diego Hernandez,

The PRICAT transaction is for Purchasing (MM) and not for Sales. The standard SAP transaction where you can change the conditions sales types is the VK12. Here you can change the validity prices each week and write the new prices, for all the prices, discounts and surcharges. Now, when you have updated the conditions types there is a standard SAP transaction (V/LD) where you can have a sales price catalogue, this one is the u201CExecute Pricing Reportu201D, here you can select 31 kinds of standards reports for prices. For example if you select the number 17, this is for u201CDiscounts and Surcharges by Customeru201D and filling all the relevant fields you can get the required information. Also, inside you can print it, go to u201CListu201D in the menu, and then u201CPrintu201D to get it.

Hope it be helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Johnattan,

As standard,does the V/LD pricing report allow the revised prices to be outputted across to an external system,say EDI or ALE?

Waiting you response and thanks,

Gordon

FL,USA

johnattan_company
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gordon,

The V/LD transaction allow you to print a ALV list, from the output device of your preference; then SAP creates a Spool request to be printed.

I do not know if you can customizing the system to print by EDI or ALE.

Regards