cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring PI and SAP systems for messaging & Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello PI Gurus,

As is in the header, this is the most important topic for me in my current project. Different teams are monitoring PI and SAP systems. For PI, we have CCMS, Alert Management, RWB, etc. to establish a standard monitoring. But for SAP(ECC 6.0) systems, we don't have an option of creating "alert rules", but we have to manually trigger alerts inside proxy implementations if we go for alert management option. For CCMS, there's no default template to monitor the Integration Engine also, at least I could not find any. Please correct if I'm wrong.

Apart from that, a central monitoring place for both PI and ECC systems would be really nice. I've been hearing about solution manager and its capabilities, would you be kind enough to provide me some useful recommendations & links?

Thank you.

Regards,

Gökhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Gökhan,

please have a look at the PDF Setup Guide for Interface Monitoring under

https://service.sap.com/bpm --> Media Library --> Technical Information.

It explains how PI monitoring can be part of Business Process Monitoring within SAP Solution Manager. It also explains the automated alert monitoring of other interface technologies like IDOC, qRFC, tRFC, flat files etc.

Best Regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Volker, this is exactly what I was looking for.

Best regards,

Gökhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gökhan,

I am Alper from Stockholm and i also need some useful recommendations about monitoring PI/XI.

Can you please give me a phone number so that i can call you?

Kind Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gökhan,

there is actually a CCMS Monitor for IE (#662119)

What we have done in our Landscape is we have defined auto reaction method for ALRTCATDEF inside of XI which send mails to respective users filtering on the Interface Namespace and for RWB vs. IE errors.

All of our XI messages are going through our ECC, here we monitor all IDOC via the CCMS MTE for IDOCs

HTH

regards

Nesimi

Edited by: Nesimi Buelbuel on Apr 18, 2009 8:59 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nesimi,

> All of our XI messages are going through our ECC, here we monitor all IDOC via the CCMS MTE for IDOCs

This is the problem. There's no CCMS MTE that I could find for the Integration Engine in SAP(ECC) systems. For PI, yes, I know the options. But, I cannot use CCMS monitoring for proxy messaging in SAP systems.

Regards,

Gökhan

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried using MTE class SXMB.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

How do I add this MTE "SXMB" to my customer-specific monitor definition?

Thanks

Gökhan