Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with Transaction SE80 - no connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Ive got a problem I need to solve .

I'm at a WinXP PC with Internet Explorer 8 Build 8.0.6001.18702.

Also I installed SAP Gui 710 for Windows Compilation 3 and after this I installed the latest patch for Patchlevel 12 as well.

I connect to a SAP System R/3 4.7 .

Now the following occurs:

If I start SE80 I don't get everything loaded correctly. The SE80 always starts with 'Repository Browser' and under the Buttens I see a piece of the Internet Explorer, saying 'Website cannot be found'.

The Tree under this error and the Editor are correctly loaded .....

With exception of the IE - Error everything works fine.

Does anyone have any Idea?

I searched the SAP Notes and the Forum, but maybe I used the wrong terms.

How is this little window called?

Thanks for help

Greets

Markus Völker

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

uninstall the patch level 12 and then check what happens

Former Member
0 Kudos

how can I uninstall a patchlevel?

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to unsinstall the complete Sap Gui, Only Patch cannot be uninstalled. IE 8 is having some problem and not supported by SAP yet as per my knowledge.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just changed the PC now...

That seemed to be the easiest (and fastest) way to get rid of this problem.

The IT will reinstall the whole PC and -for gods sake- leave IE8 away...

former_member204677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

are the proxy settings for the IE set correctly?

Kind regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes it is.

The SAP Server is in the same network, local IPs dont need any Proxy (I can even see the shared Directories from the server in the IE). Ping is fine (minor 1 ms).

So the basic network connection seems to be OK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have had some issues with users who installed IE 8 and our portal along with opening various transactions have experienced some problems. Some of the problems have been resolved by setting IE 8 to "compatibility mode". This reverts IE 8 to IE 7's rendering engine. You can toggle this mode on or off using a button near the search bar at the top of the browser. (The button icon looks like a broken document) If the button is not showing you can manually configure sites you want to view for compatibility by engaging the Compatibility View Settings option on the Tools menu.

Last I checked, SAP does not certify IE 8 and for what we have found in testing, we only allow IE 6 & 7 deployed through out our agencies. If a home user has problems and has IE 8 installed, we recommend they try it in compatibility mode.

I am not saying this will resolve your issue, but it has resolved many issues we came across.

Regards,

Zecher

Former Member
0 Kudos

nope.

the compability mode didnt help ...

Any other suggestions?