cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enter Reposting of Line Items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, in the transaction KB61, I want to change a cost center, but I notice that the company code of the new account assignment was take it for the Cost Center, but I want to take the company code of the original FI Document. Example:

FI Document: The company code was 2000

CO Document: The company code was 2000

New Account Assignment: Cost center 100000* CoCode 2000

*The Cost Center 100000 is in company code 1000

So the problem is that take the company code from the cost center (1000), and I want to take the company code from the FI Document.

thanks in advance!!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The cost center has a hard coded assignment to the company code in the master data. It has to go to that company code. There should be an intercompany posting created for this type of transaction. You'll have to use a cost center set up in that FI company code in order to post to the same company.

pls assign points if helpful as a way to say thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, but can you explain me a little more, I dont understand very well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

A cost center belongs to only one company code. You can only post to that cost center in the company code that it belongs to. If want to post to another company code you have to post from your cost center into a cost center that is in the destination company code. This creates an intercompany posting between the two company codes as long as a valid intercompany set up is in place. In FI your get an intercompany posting created. If it is a CO posting only, it creates after you run the reconciliation ledger ( for CO postings that are intercompany).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi This conversation looks pretty close to my requiremnet.

Requirement looks as follows:

With respect to the HR costs, I believe we'll need to check into the reposting. Normally, it's very straightforward if the repost is from operations to operations or corporate to corporate. However, this looks like it's a repost from company code 0900 to company code 0100. If I remember correctly, we tend not to repost across this line. Even the G/L's would probably be blocked. For instance, if the salary costs were to originally post to company 0900, cost center 89800 and G/L 761101, when trying to post to company 0100, cost center 97557, G/L 761101 will probably be blocked. This is because corporate companies use 801101, for example.

Here we are using KB11N, KB61, KB63 and KB64 transaction codes for posting.

My question is how can we maintain integration between HR and FI ? How to handle inter company transactions for different company codes , different cost centers ?

I have suggested them using BDC . Is it the right way to do it ? I saw some Bapi's are available for posting primary cost and revenue costs.

Please let me know which one is best solution and also please tell me how to do this in steps.

Thanks for your help.

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I think is very similar the requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, but I still have the same request in this topic, in the note 318165, I understand that this note talks about an upgrade, but can it help me in my request??

Thanks in advance!

Answers (0)