cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Middleware -> SAP AII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RFID Friends,

i found many informations about SAP AII and RFID Tech. in this , but nothing to a Middleware, witch is essentail for comm. between RFID hardware and SAP. help.sap.com is like a cloesed book in this case. I read about BizTalk or Websphere, XI... but all those are to much for an Small Business case. it's unclear for me:

1. What SAP AII need to get DATA from an Reader. What is the simply and cheap way?

2. Because AII is an standalone System, is XI neccecery to get this Information from AII into SAP ERP?

Can you help me please.

Thank you all

Bülent

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If any unanswered question remains for you, do let me know. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bullent,

You were correct in not finding out any information on RFID Middleware on help.sap.com.

This is because SAP is not involved in that business at all. Instead SAP depends upon its partners to deliver RFID middleware solutions. For eg, Biztalk from Microsoft, IBM middleware and PIXIE from Infosys technologies Ltd are such examples. SAP AII exposes an interface which the middleware development team has to comply with. Then there is also a SAP Certification process for Device middlewares that support communication with SAP AII.

SAP similarly also depends upon its partners for RFID hardware also. For. Zebra, Motorola are some of the RFID hardware that are compliant with SAP AII for mobile devices.

Answer to your questions:

1) SAP AII can get whatever data is written on the tags. It depends on your business requirement what data is needed by you on the tags. There is no simple or cheap way. There are two ways.

a) Fixed Readers: Require RFID middleware between hardware and SAP AII

b) Mobile Readers: Can be directly supported by SAP AII witout device middleware. (So this can be cheaper )

2) Yes SAP XI is necessary to send data to SAP ERP. Else it will require huge custom abap development to support this.

I hope i have answered your questions. Thnks