cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS - RRB - Debit Memo Request creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please help me to avoid DMR document creation while accepting quotation in Service order

I created a Service Quotation with reference to a Service order.

DMR1:(Order --> Functions --> Accept quotation)

Once I enter accept quotation in the Service order, a Debit memo request is getting created automatically (with out line items) with a Number

DMR2: (while running DP90)

After posting actual cost (Labor and Material) to the Service order, I could run DP90 to create another Debit memo request with the line items.

Please let me know what to do to avoid the DMR created during Accepting Quotation.

Thanks in advance,

Babu.K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Babucs,

1. Please Check whether you have maintained "DMR" document type in ZAS - Quotation details screen --> Billing header --> Order - rel. Billing type. (By default F5- proforma order would be there)

2. Define default values for DIP profile for Service Order

Plant Maintenance and Customer Service --> Maintenance and Service Processing -->Maintenance and Service Orders -->Functions and Settings for Order Types --> Credit Limit Checks, Sales Document Types for Service Orders

Regards

Sathya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member208991
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

To prevent creation of DMR when accepting quotation, in the relevant DIP profile (ODP1), remove the sales document type related to the Usage "Quotation creation...".

Hope this helps,

Regards

Nikhilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhilesh,

I have given 'ZAS' (Quotation document type) in 'Sales Doc. Type' Column for Usage 'Quotation creation and sales pricing'.

If I remove this 'ZAS', I am geeting an error "A sales document type does not exist" when creating Service Quotation(DP80).

Please let me know where I am wrong.

Thanks in advance,

Babu.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Babu...

Do you have the billing and result analysis also activated? If no then add it specify the DMR there and check.

former_member208991
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

I'm sorry for the incorrect answer.It seems there is no way to avoid the DMR creation on accepting the quotation.

You can check SAP help also. We took the option recommended by SAP: to ignore the automatically generated DMR and create a separate DMR manually.

Best Regards

Nikhilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mahesh,

I have confgiured Biling and result analysis too with Sales document type "ZDR". Please tell me what to do to avoid creation of DMR on acceptance of quotation.

Nikhilesh,

Please let me know "the option recommended by SAP: to ignore the automatically generated DMR and create a separate DMR manually"

Babu.K

former_member208991
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

What we did was:

1. When we accepted quotation in CS order, the system created a DMR automatically, with line items with 0 qty. We just ignored this quotation - put reason for rejection. So now, for all practical purposes, this DMR is useless.

2. Then, when the actual service took place, we created a new DMR wrt to the CS order via DP90, and this DMR was used for invoicing.

Regards

Nikhilesh