Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0..n messages; execute process n-times

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

A CSV file contains records 0..n and for each record, an RFC will be called (1..1); Responses of each RFC call is collected and write into a file atonce.

Please guide me how to implement this

Edited by: Nikhil Bose on Apr 17, 2009 4:03 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddhesh_pathak4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nikhil,

Check out with , May be helpfull

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1926] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it will be good to use File to Proxy to File. While implementing the server proxy, Call RFC for each record and collect all the required data and the send it back to PI as outbound message. In PI Using file adapter write the file at the required location.

Regards,

Shweta.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Solved with changing input data structure. Thanks all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess it will be better if u do File-RFC-File scenario instead of calling RFC for every record.

Just send request to RFC and perform operation in RFC and response back.

This will be Async-Sync scenario, so u need to use simple BPM having only 3 steps:

1..receive 2..Sync Send 3...Async Send.

Regards,

Manisha

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks all for reply.

I have following queries:

1. Is there anyway out without using BPM?

2. How to do message Splitting? I have 1..n Outbound messages and Inbound has 1..1 RFC.

FYKI: Outbound has more than 10000 records in one file. So I don't think filling RFC table is a good work-around.

Please suggest.

Nikhil

Edited by: Nikhil Bose on Apr 17, 2009 5:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

You can achieve this without using BPM.

In the configuration part you have to configure 2 File channels - Sender & Receiver ,1 RFC channel - Receiver. We need to note that, the additional Module parameters need to be added only for sender File channel. No additional parameter needed for RFC Receiver or File Receiver, configure them as normal communication channel.. The File receiver and RFC receiver channels are as usual configuration.The only change is on the File Sender Channel Module Parameter.

You have to add AF_Modules/RequestResponseBean in processing sequence and in module configuration for module key of requestresponsebean add parameter as passthrough as true .

Refer this link for more details : https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/xi/file-rfc-file%2528without+bpm%2529

Thanks

Hamja

Edited by: Hamja Hussain on Apr 20, 2009 6:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hamja,

I have tried that option...it works fine once..but the file receiver goes into infinite loop as it waits for response all the time...in that case after running scenario once, u need to activate adapter from ID everytime to reset it...I guess this problem will be solved by applying note...

so i went for BPM option which i found easy one...

Regards,

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

This File-RFC-File requirement with multiple records in file can be achieved using BPM.

This link shows how to process multiple records of a file using Block step (ForEach) by step by step in detail.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0e745cc-c088-2b10-cf9c-9be4b760...

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Sobha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use RFC Lookup in Message Mapping

Search SDN for RFC lookup processes

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

It will be performance issue.

why are triggering a RFC Call to each record, instead u can collect it in Table in RFC?

Edited by: ragu r on Apr 17, 2009 12:38 PM