Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Invalid extract structure template &2 of datasource &1

Hi all,

I really need help in this one. I am trying to create a generic datasource and it gave me this error. I did little research and found that my key figures are pointing to the currency or unit which is in an include. and one of the note says that the currency and unit has to be in your field list. I am using notes 335342 and 202162.

I am copying a part which I am not able to understand since I am doing this for the first time so Please help.

"If the currency or the unit a key figure refers to is not located in a table but in a structure, the key figure has to be removed from the view and read via a customer exit (see below). Structures cannot be included in a view.

ATTENTION!! Often the key of the table in which the referenced unit is located, does not agree with the key in the table with the corresponding key figure. In this case, the join condition of both tables is not unique in the view definition, that means for each key line of the table with the key figure, several lines of the table with the unit may be read: the result is a multiplying of the number of lines in the view by a factor corresponding to the number of lines that fit the key figure, in the unit table. To be able to deliver consistent data to a BW system, check whether the unit of the key figure in question should always have a fixed value. If yes then you can determine that in the view definition via 'GoTo -> Selection conditions'. If no, then you must proceed as follows:

a) Remove the key figure from the view

b) Define the DataSource

c) Enhance the extract structure by key figure and unit for each append (Transaction RSA6)

d) Add the key figure and the unit in a customer exit

2. A view is already used for the extraction.

Thanks for all the help in advance.

Former Member
Former Member replied

hi Raj,

-'Field TCURC-RTCUR does not exist in any of the base tables' means this field doesn't exist the table that you choose for create view (FAGL)

-ranges zyear and zmonth means for input screen, that user can specify from which year and month the data will be extracted

- just add the fields you needed, not all fields, "WHERE KNDNR = KNDNR" means only data that have value specified in KDNR will be retrieved.

will help if any abaper there.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question