cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call second RFC on the basis of response from first RFC in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a File (FTP) to RFC scenario.

Based on the response of first RFC,if successful we need to call comitt RFC from XI

Can any one please tell if BPM would be required for this scanario and what BPM steps would be required.

Please help.................

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I am not sure but in if you are using PI 7.1 you can use two RFC look up's at a time in Message Mapping and so that your condition will be fulfilled

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20befc9a-aa72-2b10-ae9b-b0988791d457]

based on this u can add one more RFC look up's or else you can mapp as per the above links document

File>RFCllokup>RFC directly

If it is XI means you can write RFC look up;s java function or simply FILE>RFCsync>RFC that to without BPM but you need to pass module paramers in the Sender File Communciation Channel module paramers

please follow the below link

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/xi/file-rfc-file%2528without+bpm%2529]

Regards::

Amar Srinivas Eli

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have your design as follows:

1) FILE --> XI --> RFC1 (Flow is async)

2) RFC1 Resp> XI --> RFC2 (Flow is async)

In the receiver determination of the second part have a condition which will check for a always ocuring response field (response of RFC1)....so that when this condition is met your second RFC will be triggered and you are done with the scenario.

As a whole you will see the scenario as:

FILE --> XI --> RFC1 --> XI --> RFC2

No need of a BPM

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If task of second RFC call is only commiting then better to do that task in RFC itself as it leads to avoid BPM which will help in less resource consumptions of your server

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

In First RFC, based on Response, you can put a condition to Commit the work using Second RFC. BPM is not required in your case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have recently done similar scenario using BPM. You have to go for BPM.

1. in first step receive the file

2. perform mapping in transformation step

3. Sync send step to RFC

If you want to call the second RFC synchronously, then

4. Sync send & proceed according to your finl target

Else for Async

4. Transformation step for mapping between response from first RFC and req to second one.

5. async send to send the target message out of BPM

Regards,

Reyaz

Edited by: Reyaz Hussain on Apr 17, 2009 12:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it will be good to use file to proxy in your scenario. In this case, while implementing the Server proxy you need to call the first RFC and then call the commit RFC.

Let me know if you have any Qs.

Regards,

Shweta.