cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

link VIEW to ViewContainerUIElement ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have a created a view and added a ViewContainerUIElement to this View.

Can I now assign a View to this ViewContainerUIElement?

Thanks

Rodney

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes ofcourse!! This is the only purpose of this View container UI element. After creating this view container open the window in the navigation view and add the view.

You should either create a new view and then embed that or should have embed a existing view.

There are 2 options for adding a view:

1) Embed new View.

2) Embed existing View.

I hope this helps! If you have some other issue please revert back.

Thanks and Regards,

Pravesh

Edited by: Pravesh Verma on Apr 17, 2009 5:41 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1.Create view Container UI element

2.Open Window

3.Rc on View container UI Element and Embed New view or existing view.

Thanks,

Tulasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all!

First let me apologise for only getting back now. My NWDS was crashing and I had to update it. I am using NWDS 7.1 and the update VIA the update site took ages!

I have one last question though...

I have embedded two views into the Container view. When I deploy I only see only one view. Is it possible to see both embedded views at the same time?

Rod

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No issues!! Its fine.. Hope your IDE continues to work fine now onwards ;).

Regarding your question. Actually by defualt there is only 1 view which can be set to defualt. However if your requirement is to show multiple view then you can always use the view Set.

Go to the window Navigation and then create a View set. Set the defualt property of View set to true and then embed the views inside this view set.

All the views inside this viewset will apear at the same time.

I hope this helps! Please close the thread if the problem is solved. Or kindly revert back..

Thanks and Regards

Pravesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recommend not to use viewsets but plain views with embedded VCUIElement instances. Just make the embedding view the default view, embed both views using the window editor and you will see both embedded views.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos