Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

context mapping problem

Peter_Lintner
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

I've created a wd4a application which uses an other one for retrieving data and defining views.

The data exchange uses external context mapping.

I've mapped the context in the application by reverse mapping the interface context of the child application (interfacecontroller)

When accessing the COMPONENTCONTROLLER context of the parent-application following error is processed:

The Mapping to Node COMPONENTCONTROLLER.1.Z_HT_ESS_WD_GENEHM Has Not Been Completed

When mapping this node in the componentcontroller I also get an error:

Recursion when mapping node Z_HT_ESS_WD_GENEHM

I'am searching since hours - no result!

Thanks for any hints!

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Peter_Lintner
Participant
0 Kudos

I solved the problem myself.

There was a problem with definition of the context.

Thanks!

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, that was yet not precise enough:

3) in the component controller tree entry of component_A (in Tab context) no mapping must be set for the NODE in question, between Component Controller and interface of Component_B.

You are probably still allowed to set a internal mapping for the node in question (i.e. within component_A, between Component Controller and a View Controller) without generating the exception you got.

Rgds

Luca

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was meaning:

3) in the component controller tree entry of component_A (in Tab context) you must not set any mapping at all for the NODE in question

Best Regards

Luca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

from my poor experience in wd4a programming I would suggest that you try the following:

if component_A uses component_B

and

Node_1 of Component_Controller of component_B is marked for external mapping

and

assuming that component_A is not in turn used by some other component

then

1) the relevant node mapped in component_A should merely have the interface property ticked (not the 'Input Element(Ext)' ).

2) the mapping should occurr in the Controller Usage window ('component usages' tree entry of component_A : i.e. mapping node of Context_Inteface_Controller against against Context_Component_Controller)

3) in the component controller tree entry of component_A (in Tab context) you must not set any mapping at all

Rgds

Luca

Peter_Lintner
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have located the problem but without solving it!

The problem occurs when trying to get data from the context of the componentcontroller (eg. at wddoinit).

Thanks for any hints!

Peter

Peter_Lintner
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

I think i've defined it properly

I got 2 entries.

I also can't add any more usages!

Kind regards!

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using the componenet usages........have you included the component usage properly or not.

please check out this link -

Regards,

Lekha.