cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance Optimizer Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have successfully included my Development system in our Solution Box(SPS16).

Now in t_code solution_manager when I click on Maintenance Optimizer button it is going to the next page.

Where I select the type as ECC 6.0 but it is not yielding any system. As a result I am unable to approve the content in my download busket.

Please help me in this regard.

Regards,

Partha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

goto SMSY

System Groups and Logical Components

Solution Landscapes

<open your solution>

make sure you have mapped your SAP-System <SID> with a logical component that is part of that particular Solution you are working on.

Nesimi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nesimi,

I have already mapped my SAP system SID with a logical component.

I hope my configuration in SMSY is fine as I am getting that system under change management tab.

Problem is When I am selecting

SAP Product Version as SAP ECC 6.0 -

>

It is not listing any system.

And as a result we are getting error.

Please guide me.

Regards,

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already mapped my SAP system SID with a logical component.

now you have to make sure to map your logical component against your solution that you use

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Partha

You might have choosen the product as ERP instead of ECC6 at the time of SMSY configuration

there is a SAP Note how to change it

thanks

bhudev

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you mean #1322259.

But for me it looks like more he is not able to select the ECC/ERP System because it is not assigned to his Solution

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thank you for your support and help. And sorry for the late reply.

Issue has been solved. Actuaaly my Sol Man is at SPS17 and where this is a common problem. We have to implement SAP note 1247550 and it will resolve the issue.

My configuration in SMSY was perfect and I also cross verified the configuration with the steps provided by Sanjai.( @Sanjai, Special Thanks for your details). Then I found the SAP note and which was a bull's eye.

Cheers!!!!!!!!!

Thanks and regards,

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Partha,

Nesimi is correct.

The logical component may not be assigned properly to the solution or system.

Make sure that:

1. Logical component should be assigned to the system first.

2. Now, that logical component should be assigned in Solution Landscape Maintenance(this is very important).

3. If step 2 is done properly, then the system should be displayed in Solution Landscape Maintenance with a leading role.

If these settings are correct and still the problem persists; then apply this note:

Note 1128773 - Systems assigned to ECC 6.0 only have maintenance selection

Also check MOPZ collective note:

Note 1024932 - Maintenance Optimizer: Collective Note

Regards,

Sanjai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thank you for your kind help and support.

1. I have check once again and found that I have mapped my development system to logical component SAP ECC 6.0.

goto SMSY -> System Groups and Logical Components -> Solution Landscapes -> <open your solution>
    make sure you have mapped your SAP-System <SID> with a logical component that is part of that particular Solution you are working on.

==> This also been rechecked and found that it is fine??

Here is a confusion.

In SMSY

1. server name is tdsap
2. system id, datbase is TD1
3. solution landscapes is TDSAP

Is that fine or all have to be the same name.

@Sanjai

Can you kindly provide me the step you wan to confirm

Make sure that:
1. Logical component should be assigned to the system first.
2. Now, that logical component should be assigned in Solution Landscape Maintenance(this is very important).
3. If step 2 is done properly, then the system should be displayed in Solution Landscape Maintenance with a leading role

Please let me know your suggestion.

Regards,

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Partha

now do this

SMSY>System Groups and Logical components>select your solution

In the right window, one or more logical comoponents must be assigned to this solution (row wise)

for each logical component you will see all the systems assigned to that logical component inthe same screen (all should be green)

TDSAP is your solution as per your post. so check this, let us know how many logical compoents are there in this screen, and how many systems ie. SIDs are assigned to each logical component

thanks

Bhudev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Partha,

1. First, you need to create the ECC system.

SMSY->Landscape Components->System->Right click and create the system with Product: SAP ECC, Product Version: SAP ECC 5.0 or 6.0 or 7.0(based on your satelitte system).

(Note: Your logical component product, product version and main instance should match with this system product, product version and main instance)

2. Second, you need to create a logical component for your system

SMSY->System Groups and Logical Components->Logical Components

->Select the product version of System

(Product: SAP ECC, Product Version: SAP ECC 5.0 or 6.0 or 7.0(based on your satelitte system), Main Instance: SAP ECC Server)->Rigth Click and Create Logical Component.

Once you create logical component assign the system with appropriate role

(It's very important, Use button "System Roles")

3.Third, Assign the logical component to the system.

SMSY->Landscape Components->Select the system->Click the button "Assignment to Logical Components" which is top of the screen.

4. Now, that logical component should be assigned in Solution Landscape Maintenance

(this is very important).

DSWP->Select the solution->Solution Landscape->Solution Landscape Maintenance

->Assign that logical component which you created for the system.

Once you assign the logical component, the system should be listed ther with the role(which you assigned before in step 2).

Then you will abe able to select the system in MOPZ.

Let me know if you are not clear.

Regards,

Sanjai