Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

WebDynpro deployment time out

Hi

We're running an EP6 SP14 demo portal.

When I'm in the office, I have no problem deploying WebDynpros from my NW Developer Studio on my laptop to the portal server. But when I am at home and establish a VPN connection and try to deploy over the VPN connection I get prompted for a password but after a while the deployment fails with the following message:

05-04-2006 22:44:54 /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR:

[002]Deployment aborted

Settings

SDM host : sapdmo-4

SDM port : 50218

URL to deploy : file:/C:/DOCUME1/JAVE/LOCALS1/Temp/temp17271WebDynpro_Quiz.ear

Deployment exception : Server sapdmo-4 did not accept login request as admin on port 50218. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server sapdmo-4 at port 50218: Connection timed out: connect

Inner exception was :

Server sapdmo-4 did not accept login request as admin on port 50218. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server sapdmo-4 at port 50218: Connection timed out: connect

I have tried to telnet to port 50218 on host sapdmo-4 and seams to take a while before it connects, but it does connect. If I use the fully qualified hostname instead (sapdmo-4.ementor.corp) it's a bit faster.

I there a way to make developer studio use the fully qualified hostname instead, or is there a way to set the time out of the deployment to a higher value?

Cheers,

Jacob Vennervald

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question