cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valid from date identification issue if ECN is used.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PP Gurus,

I created a ECN through Transaction code CC01, say 50000002 with valid from date 15.04.2009. When I'm trying to edit BoM (object for that ECN) on 17.04.2009 system is overwriting the valid from date from 17.04.2009 to 15.04.2005. Ideally it should throw an error that valid from date is in past. Though right now it's through warning message 'The key date is overwritten with the date from the change number record (i.e. 15.04.2009)'. Is there any way that system should restrict user while using this ECN as on 17.04.2009?

Thanks & Regards,

Abu Arbab

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Abu,

As already I have mentioned in my earlier replies to your thread,check this

Goto OS54 and include the check box for date check and enter -1(1-) against error time in days and

check in CC01 by giving some past date.

So in standard SAP always the system takes the valid from date of your Change number if you are

going to use ECM concept.

This will solve your problem,

Check and revert back.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangalraj,

Thanks for reply.

See, previous reply mainly talks about creation of ECN which will not consider past date into consideration. That's working fine.

Now, I've created some ECN say 5000005 on 14.02.2009 (with logic that you suggested) and now I'm using that ECN on 17.04.2009. Here system is throwing a Warning message that Object (BoM or Routing) valid-from date is going to change as Valid-from date of ECN i.e. 15.04.2009. My requirement is system should prompt me by restricting the changes in Objects as per ECN which has past date.

So what configuration or work around to be done to achieve this?

Please come back with prompt comments......

Thanks & Regards,

Abu Arbab

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Abu,

Include the check box for date check under Date shift tabkey apart from Error time in days in OS54.

I'm sure this will stop you using a change a change number created in past for changing BOM.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Abu,

What happened to this issue?

Can you please reply on this?

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangalraj,

I'm working on the issue. Once done either will close thread or will post you query if any...

Thanks & Regards,

Abu Arbab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangalraj,

Though Date Shift is tick marked in OS54 but in CS02 system is not recognizing the past date which is flowing from ECN. I removed Warn. Time in Days, Error Time in Days entries from OS54. So is that making any problem? Or some other things to be done to achieve the same?

Please come back with prompt comments

Thanks & Regards,

Abu Arbab

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Abu,

Keep the value -1 under error time in days and also include the tick mark under date check in OS54.

Check and revert back.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangal,

What are the working and config steps for Changing the BOM through ECM concept?

My requirement is when there is a new component development or new part development then first I should make the engineering BOM and during development the changes occured should be recorded through ECM and as the development gets finished then only production BOM should be made.

So If I use the BOM usage as "2" for engineering then how the ECM will help me to work for changing the BOM and to move the engineering BOM to production BOM.?

can you explain me with an example.?

Regards

Deepak Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangalraj,

I've done all the things suggested but still it's not working. Please suggest some other options to achieve the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Abu Arbab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangalraj,

Thanks for your timely help.

There are two ways for the same,

1. Use of Function module SAP has provided CC_CHANGE_NUMBER_CHECK.

2. Instead of Warning message we made a Error message and assigned it to Satndard program and wrote a select query like whenever Change number is used it should go and check AENR-DATUV. If the Date is in past then populate the error else allow to change the BoM.

Best Regards,

Abu Arbab

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Abu,

Thanks for sharing the information with us.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mangalraj,

Please tell me how to change the date in cc02 or any facility to put alternative date.