Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

processing of materials with deletion flags

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 2 questions.

1) I want the materials with deletion flags blocked for use in PO or in any goods movement. How could I do that to restrict all processes for these materials?

2) I have a Purchasing Request and a RFQ for this. After I create a PO for this request and rfq, I could still open another PO regarding this RFQ. Is this normal? How could I prevent this?

1 RFQ will be used only for one PO unless there is an agreement for purchase?

Thanks

Irem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you can use the X-plant material status to procurement at different levels...

the same indicator you can find in the material master records in the BASIC data, Puchasing and MRP tab...

To use the RFQ for One PO only, make the message which you get while making the PO as error message, then no one make another message later...

make settings here:

SPRO >> MM >> puchasing >> env. data >> define system messages >> here check for your message as per its no..and make it as "E"

Regards

Priyanka.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did not understand the X-plant material status to procurement at different levels... I could not see such a thing in the material master?

Will it provide me blocking the usage of deleted materials?

Thanks

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can see the data of the deleted materials as well...

to see it...

Go to MM03 --> here enter the plant and other details and execute...

Then go to BASIC data 1 tab --> here check for the field "X-Plant matrl status" here check for the block indicator....

Once material is deleted, you can't procure it again, but could only see the material data...

or you may need to restoration of the material data again..

Regards

Priyanka.P

former_member433442
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once the material is flagged for deletion, then you can't create PO for that material. But material movements can happen and also for you can do GR and invoice verification.

TO block the material for movement, you can block at clinet level in basic data 1 ( X plant material status) and you can block at plant level in purchasing. (plant special material status).

Regards,

Prabu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think in this case, I need to do this process for every material I create manually? Or check this field before deleting this material?

Is there a way to do this by customizing for all the materials? So that the system would block all materials for processing once they are deleted?

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try to use the mass maintainence for material master records...

By this you shd be able to change the field at once for bulk materials...

Regards

Priyanka.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

and how does the system understands, this blocking for these materials is valid only if the material is deleted?

I mean wouldn't checking this for all materials, also block the active materials for purchasing?

I guess I need to do this just before deleting the material?

Regards,

Irem

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

blocking is different from deleting...

When you block you don't need to delete..

BUt when you delete you need to make the MMR free of all liabilities like any pending PO etc...

Whenever you delete the material you shd check the parameters at the same time...

Regards

Priyanka.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is why I am concerned, if I check the material for blocking of purchasing - the system will block it even if it is not deleted, as far as I understand. Am I right?

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can directly block the material from MMR MM01...there is no need to delete it for that...

But for deleting there shd be any block...

I hope you understand now...You seems to be little confused,,,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I'm really confused on this.

If I forget blocking the material from x-plant before I delete the material, the system would still process it.

So, If I want this to work, I need to check the material for blocking before deleting it?

thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have made a test, and If I check that material to block for purchasing - it blocks the material in any case.

I just want it to be blocked, if the material is deleted.

Is there a control to do this, or do I need to x-plant every material to be deleted manually before deleting?