cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc to internal XI JMS queue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to send an IDoc from R/3 to an internal XI JMS queue. I want to test the JMS adapter by sending the IDoc to an XI created JMS queue. How do I create a JMS queue within XI that can receive my IDoc from R/3? I am looking at the receiver determination using JMS adapter but don't know what transport protocol to use to create the queue.

I am already able to receive an IDoc into XI and dump it to the OS as an XML file, so I know the connection works between the two systems. All I need is to create a generic JMS queue, so I shouldn't have to import any drivers into the J2EE like is necessary for MQSeries.

Thanks for any help!!

Adam Iding

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

You will have to install the Driver for the JMS queue you are trying to connect to on XI server.

For info on how to install external drivers,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3867a582-0401-0010-6cbf-964...

Also, if you are using a SONIQMQ or WEbspehere MQ , then the exact details to be entered are available on the JMS adapter itself. You will just have to change the IP, port no , Queue details. The driver details are all available on JMS adapter itself.

But, if you are using someother JMS service, then you will have to configur your Queue as a Genric Access or using a JNDI access.

Check this link for the same,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/10/b1b4c8575a6e47954ad63438d303e4/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c1/739c4186c2a409e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Thanks for your quick responses. I am actually connecting to BEA Weblogic using JNDI access. I could not get the XI JMS adapter to work going straight to BEA with the normal ID setup.

Instead, I found out how to create a local queue in the J2EE Visual Administrator under JMS provider. Christine, this is what I meant by a local/internal queue. I thought that XI could create its own queue in the Adapter Engine when using the JMS adapter for Weblogic and I wouldn't have to create one manually. Anyways, I have my communication channel pointing to the queue I created, which we in turn linked to a foreign JMS queue in Weblogic.

As of yesterday, I could succesfully send an IDoc from ECC 5.0 to XI to BEA Weblogic using JMS.

Thanks again everyone!!

Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

Add the following references to the provider.xml of

aii_af_jmsproviderlib.sda , deploy the file.

It should work.

<reference type="library" strength="weak">jms</reference>

<reference type="library" strength="weak">j2eeca</reference>

<reference type="library" strength="weak">mail</reference>

<reference type="library" strength="weak">activation</reference>

<reference type="library" strength="weak">ejb20</reference>

<reference type="library" strength="weak">jnet</reference>

<reference type="library" strength="weak">jsse</reference>

<reference type="library" strength="weak">servlet</reference>

<reference type="library" strength="weak">webservices_lib</reference>

<reference type="library" strength="weak">tc~jmx</reference>

Arul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

We are in a similar situation. Only difference is we are trying to configure a JMS adapter on XI to send XML messages to a Bea Weblogic 8.1 JMS Queue. Could you detail how you managed to get the XI Queue configured as a Foreign JMS queue on weblogic?

Once the XI Queue is configured how did you move the IDocs from the foreign queue? Did you have a MDB doing this for you?

Thanks,

Noufal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

For this scenario, we have to use receiver JMS adapter and need to have drivers deployed on XI server for JMS communication. We need to specify queue and channel in adapter settings. If you are communicating with websphere then good documentation is available by SAP.

-Kavita Laddha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

as XI is not based on JMS but on the SAP WebAS, there is no way to internally create any JMS Queues in XI. The Queues used in XI are not the same then JMS Queues (in fact they are qRFC queues). If you want to send messages to a JMS queue that other applications can access, you have to use an external JMS server such as MQSeries etc.

Regards

Christine

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you need to use JMS adapter as a Receiver.

Some links are-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/4d/a3bc97ff55c742af7faed661635baf/frameset.htm

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/05/managing-bulky-flat-messages-with-sap-xi-tunneling-once-again--updated

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/01/04/jms-sender-adapter-handling-too-short-lines

For more go to Service.sap.com/nw04/howtoguides- or https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/nw04

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Moorthy