cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Changes be done in opening balances

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am using SAP 2007 B PL10. I will be making it live as on 1st April, 2009. I have query related to the following points:

1) Now the client GL balances(Trial balance) are still not final. His balances will get final once balance sheet is made which will take time till June, 09. I would like to know if i put some GL balances now, is it possible to change them in future date.

2) Opening stock balances will be uploaded through the DTW template. There are some items for which costs are not available and also some items whose costs are not final.Now if there is any changes in item at future date can the same be changed i.e.

A) Items for which costs have veen put to zero can be updated for their real cost or not

B) Also items whose costs needs to be changed can be done or not.

Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rahul,

The answer to all your questions is YES, they can be done. But you need to understand how they impact in the system.

If the GL numbers are not finalized, it would be a good idea to wait and post the GL when they are finalized. This scenario is not uncommon. Many companies go live and enter their opening trail balance probably after a week or two.

Corrections to the Opening Balance can be made but you would need to date them as of 03/31 or 04/01 as the case is.

Changes to Inventory Costs can be made by using Inventory Revaluation. Probably when you import opening stock of items you will post to Opening Balance account therefore when you revaluate down the line you would probably want to use the same OB account instead of Inventory Gain / Loss. This way it would reflect the GL balance at close from your old system.

Regards

Suda

Answers (0)