cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding remote client copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am having two system landscape Development (MRD) & Production (MRP).

MRD as domain controller.

MRD having 100 client while MRP having 200 client.

Our 100 client at MRD is to much disturb just because of lots of R&D.

So I have to maintain it.

For that I have to planning remote client copy (SCC9) from MRP 200 to MRD 100.

Suggest me

1- Should I have to create a new client 110 in MRD and copy data from MRP 200.(then after I delete 100 client)

if yes then I want only customizing thing then which profile should I copy.

2- Or else there is no need to create new client can I correct 100 client after doing something or I have to go with option 1.

3- Suppose I am going with option 1..

I create a new client 110

(ii) Then what should I enter as logical systemu2026.(if I am giving the copy of the logical system which is assigned to 100 then it will be ok u2026I thinku2026. I will create a copy of that logical system through SALE t-codeu2026..)

(iii) After creating client I am copying client remotely then tell me which profile should I set only for customizing data.

(iv) If every thing is ok means client got copied successfully then tell me what happen when I will delete the client 100 it will create any problem as transport level.

(v) Then after deleting 100 client can I rename 110 as a 100.again same question any problem will occur a transport level or not. I think not because STMS is configured at 000 level.

Which profile is better for only customizing data.please..tell meu2026

SAP_ALL

SAP_APPL

SAP_APPX

SAP_CUST

SAP_CUSV

SAP_CUSX

SAP_PROF

SAP_UCSV

SAP_UCUS

SAP_UONL

SAP_USER

If there may be any option then please tell meu2026 I will copy from production then is there any client setting I have to change or it is ok thenu2026

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would suggest you to overwrite the client 100 in dev system since you want to copy the customizing part

just copy the MRP 200 to MRD 100

because you can't rename the client 110

I would suggest you to go with

SAP_RMPC-SAP_CUSV with cross-client customizing since you dont require the client data

But a better approach would be to create a new client,copy PRD 200 to that client and then delete 100

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your reply..

you said that i can not change the name of client....

through scc4 i think i can change...

or by accessing T000 table i can do ...or not please rectify if i am wrong....

means i will create new client 110 and copy remotely from 200 only coustmizing data....

ok

and then i will delete 100...will it be ok....

some more query i want to introduce here...

i check PSAPSR3700 has been filled 99% should i increase the size of that ...or not....

(ii) if i will delete 100 and then rename 110 to 100 then it will be ok or not...

(iii) i think after deleting client space will not be increase itself....we have to go for reorg of database...is it true...if yes then how can i...

thanks & regards

Dik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dik,

You can't rename the client,the only thing that you can do is change the description of client

yes create new client,copy PRD to new client using the profile I mentioned and then delete the old client

1. yes increase the size of tablespace PSAPSR3700

2. NO

3. yes you are right,you will have to reorg the database and that can be done by using BRTOOLS and within this BRSPACE

[Removed by the moderator.]

Rohit

former_member227600
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

i check PSAPSR3700 has been filled 99% should i increase the size of that ...or not....

First of all you have to run remote client copy in test mode to check the resource . Yes in cleint copy you have to increass the tablespace (if tablespce auto extend is on & you have sufficent space in file system than it will automaticaly increass itself.)

ii) if i will delete 100 and then rename 110 to 100 then it will be ok or not...

As per my knowledge you can not rename the client ,one option is you have to perform local client copy using sccl from 110 to 100 & than remove client 110.

(iii) i think after deleting client space will not be increase itself....we have to go for reorg of database...is it true...if yes then how can i...

Yes you are right after deleting client space will not be increase itself. You have to reorg whole database.for more info regarding reorg tell me your oracle version.

regards

karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dik,

do one thing just create a new client 110 and copy it from 200 .

and dn't delete 100 just check it out what problem you face....

i think ...there should not be issue also check tablespace

PSAPSR3 & PSAPSR3700 and set them to auto extended or else add datafile through brspace...

tell me what else you needed.

Cheers

Anuj

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks to all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dik

Quick questions if you want Production (MRP) 200 data to MRD 100 client you can go with Remote client copy and you can select profile SAP_CUST for customizing thing only.

If you have enought Hardware resource available then you can go with creating new client and proceed with the steps as you mentioned earlier

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please find link below with detailed info about each profile. You can select whichever suits you.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/99/0a2a887e2511d2a6250000e82deaaa/content.htm]