cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to set up the JCO connection?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are at the beginning stage of MSS implementation where out system landscape is WAS6.40 at back end (ECC 5.0) and Portal 7.0 with its own J2EE server. We installed all the required XSS components at ECC server and SLD set up is already in place and planning to install the business package 60.1.2 & 60.1.5 in Portal server . I would appreciate if someone answers where to set up the JCO connection for SAP_R3_HUMAN_RESOURCES? Is it in the ECC server or Portal server or both?

Thanks!

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Can you please tell me as to how to configure the SLD after the installation of EP is completed.

I plementing ESS/MSS. Have installed XSS java components in EP J2ee server. ECC 6.0 is what we are using for backend. can you please brief me as to steps for SLD configuration.

Regards,

Ramesh

rajendrengovend
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

You need to created a techinical system in SLD with the required SAP connection details, once this is done you will see the message server name in Web Dynpro Content Administrator provided SLD is configured in Visual Administrator for the Server thats maintaing the Web Dynpro objects.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajendran! Our basis team is in the process! I expressed my thanks by giving 6 points.

rajendrengovend
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Your application data and metadata connections for Web Dynpro are created in the Web Dynpro Content Administrator http://localhost:port where your WDs are loaded which is the ECC Server. Also, make sure your SLD is setup in ECC JAVA otherwise the Maintain JCo Connections button will be greyed out. The Portal using these WDs need the System created for connection to the R/3 system and maintain the WAS to call the WDs.

Regards,

Raj