cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction PRAA and SM35

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello people,

I'm working with transaction PRAA to create a vendor from the HR master record. The transaction generates the batch input correctly, then i process the work file in background in SM35. The session ends successfully but no updates where made in the vendor master tables like LFA1 and LFB1. I run tcode XK02 and don´t found the new entries.

i cannot find the problem. Can you help me?

Thanks,

Pablo.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

luciagama
0 Kudos

Dear,

The instruction manual can be found in the information button in the transaction PRAA. The process is carried out by three programs: RPRAPA00, RFBIKR00 and SAPMSBDC_CC. It would be good to always look at the execution log of all programs. The first selects the master data, the second prepares the batch input session and the last executes and generates the validation log of the execution of transactions XK01 or XK02.

Create/Change/Block Vendor Master Records from HR Master Records

Description

From the HR master data, this program generates a batch input session for maintaining person-related vendor master records.

The report can process vendor master records as follows:

• Initial set up (create/add missing company code segment)
  • Update (change completely according to vendor and HR reference)
  • Change (only according to HR master data, for example, name change)
  • Block

The following infotypes from HR master data are taken into account for the key date specified:

• Tasks (Infotype 0000)
  • Organizational assignment (Infotype 0001)
  • Personal data (Infotype 0002)
  • Permanent residence (Infotype 0006, subtype 1)
  • Bank details (Infotype 0009, subtype 0 or 2)

All other required data is taken from a reference vendor that you can specify as a parameter when you start the program. Note that for the reference vendor, reference data must exist for all company codes that are applicable according to the HR master data. Since program RPRAPA00 cannot assign vendor master record numbers externally when creating vendor master records, you must be sure that the reference vendor is assigned to an account group that requires internal number assignment. If no house bank is specified in the reference vendor, this is determined via feature TRVHB (Implementation Guide for 'Travel Expenses' -> Transfer to Data Medium Exchange -> Set Up Feature for Determining House Bank) according to the employee's organizational situation.

The relationship between the HR employee master record and the corresponding vendor master record is established by entering the personnel number in the company code segment of the vendor master record.

General Program Flow

Program RPRAPA00 creates a sequential work file in the specified directory. Ensure that you use a global directory that can be accessed by all application servers; a directory is automatically proposed. The work file is then transformed into a batch input session by the subsequent program RFBIKR00, which is started automatically.

In test run mode, this program delivers information messages that document the creation of the batch input session. Since each information message must be confirmed manually, the test run should only be performed for a small number of personnel numbers.

In update mode, however, the program RFBIKR00 is automatically started as a job; the information mentioned above is stored in the job log in this case.

The 'Run as Background Job' indicator provides the option to create and save variants of the program on non-batch-capable servers also. However, you must not select this indicator for this purpose. For more information, see SAP Note 1309755.

Initial Setup of Vendor Master Records

Corresponding vendor master records are created from the infotypes listed above and the non-HR-specific information from the reference vendor. The personnel number is stored in the company code segment of the vendor master record. Persons who already have a vendor master record with corresponding personnel number are rejected in this run.

If a vendor master record already exists for a personnel number, but without a company code segment for the company code in which the employee exists at the key date entered, the program adds the required company code segment to the vendor master record. You must however activate the "Create new company code segment for existing vendor master records" checkbox.

The system uses HR master data from the infotype records that are valid for the key date entered.

Update of Vendor Master Records

The corresponding vendor master records are updated from the infotypes listed above and the non-HR-specific information from the reference vendor. Persons who do not yet have a vendor master record with corresponding personnel number are rejected in this run. The system uses HR master data from the infotype records that are valid for the key date entered.

Change Vendor Master Records According to HR Master Data

All HR-specific data is changed in the vendor master records for personnel numbers that have been changed in HR since the date recorded under '... with last change since'. The system again uses HR master data from the infotype records that are valid for the key date entered.

No Blocked/Deleted Vendors

When vendor master records are updated or changed according to HR master data, employees who are only assigned to blocked vendors or vendors that are flagged for deletion are skipped (if they are indicated with a checkmark). Otherwise, these vendors are also updated or changed and the block or deletion flag is removed.

Block Vendor Master Records

All vendor master records that correspond to the selected personnel numbers are blocked for posting.

User Exits

For the following situations, three empty routines that you can adjust to your requirements are provided in the includes RPRAPAEX and RPRAPAEX_001.

• The employee's last name is entered in the sort field in the vendor master record. If you do not want this, you can program the situation you want in the user exit routine 'set_mc_field_by_user'.
  • If the address formatting in the vendor master record does not meet your requirements, it can also be changed. The user exit routine 'set_address_by_user' is provided for this purpose.
  • If you want to assign numbers to the vendor master records to be created via external number assignment (for example, vendor master record number = personnel number), you can adjust the user exit routine 'SET_VENDOR_NO_BY_USER' (in include RPRAPAEX_001). Note that the account group of the reference vendor must also be coded with external number assignment.

Note that in each case a thorough knowledge of the programming language ABAP/4 is necessary.

Set Up Vendor Master Records in a Separate System

The distribution of personnel master data from a HR system to an FI system is a prerequisite for creating, changing, and blocking vendor master records.

In the section Master Data Distribution of the ALE IMG, an explanation is given regarding how the FI system is supplied with the relevant employee data from the HR system.

In the FI system, report RPRAPA00 described here can be used to create, change, and block vendor master records.

0 Kudos

Hello Pablo,

I am also facing the same issue that you were facing in feb 2012 regarding PRAA and SM35. I too follow a similar process as followed by you. I have a job scheduled on a daily basis that process the sessions created by PRAA. The transaction generates the batch input correctly, then i process the work file in background in SM35. The session ends successfully but no updates where made in the vendor master. I run tcode XK02 and don´t find the updated information there.

Were you already able to resolve this issue? If yes, request you to share with me the solution.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Deepali Bhandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Bruning,

I have just started working on tx: PRAA i have tried to create a vendor record but i am not i not accepting the file path and at the same time i am not able to pass the correct values into the input parameters.

can u please explain me or send any screen shot documentation.

Thank you,

Shabeer ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pablo,

Did you look at the log of the session in SM35?

Any messages there?

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

the session status is "Log w/o session" and i copy the last messages :

Transaction was processed successfully

Batch input session deleted

Processing statistics

26 transactions read

26 transactions processed

0 transactions with errors

0 transactions deleted

Batch input processing ended

Thanks,

Pablo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure you are not running in 'Test Mode'?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any spool request generated by this session?

Can you try running the job in the foreground and see if you encounter the error?

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adavi,

I´m sure about that because in test mode the transaction PRAA does not generate a work file in SM35.

Ravi,

I chose the following options:

- Process / foreground

- Extended log

- Expert mode

- Dynpro standard size

It also ends correctly, with no errors and the same messages as in backgorund. And no spool request is generated by this session.

Pablo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was just throwing stones(or is it shooting arrows?) in the dark. It was really puzzling that you get a session with no errors after processing and yet you don't see the vendors created in the tables or through the transaction. That was the reason for that dumb question.

You seem to have done everything correctly and the entries should be there in LFA1. Are you sure of the vendor numbers? Are they going to be internally assigned or they take the personal number? Easiest is to take a count of vendors in LFA1 prior to your SM35 processing and after. May be they are created but you are looking for the wrong numbers. Another shot in the dark!!!

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you on Unicode enable system or ?

take a look !!

Symptom

You use a Unicode system and want to process a non-Unicode file using program RFBIDE00 or RFBIKR00. This is not possible.

Other terms

Batch input RFBIDE00, RFBIKR00, open dataset, Unicode

Reason and Prerequisites

Up to now, this option has not been provided.

Solution

Implement the attached program corrections. In addition, assign a selection text to parameter XNONUNIC. To do this, proceed as follows:

1. Call Transaction SE38.

2. Enter program RFBIDE00 (RFBIKR00).

3. Select 'Text elements'.

4. Choose 'Change'.

5. On the next screen, choose the 'Selection texts' tab.

6. For XNONUNIC, enter the text 'File has NON-Unicode format'.

After the implementation of the corrections, a new parameter is available on the selection screen of program RFBIDE00 (RFBIKR00). You can use this parameter to choose whether to import a Unicode or a non-Unicode file. The default setting of the parameter is to import a Unicode file if you use a Unicode system and to import a non-Unicode file if use a non-Unicode system.

Take also the following facts into account: After the implementation of the corrections, the file is opened with the addition 'Ignoring conversion errors'. This prevents that the system generates a short dump if, for example, you open a non-Unicode file and specify on the selection screen that this is a Unicode file. However, conversion errors that occur when you open the file mean that the file is read incorrectly. For example, the NODATA indicators are no longer at the correct position. This may result in follow-up errors in the program.

Thanks

Saquib

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adavi,

I suppose vendor numbers are assigned automatically by the system. The reference vendor master record is 70000. There are also other vendor numbers that where assigned before with this program. I also checked LFA1 and no records where inserted in the table after the processing.

Pablo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saquib,

The RFBIKR00 program works fine, generates the session in SM35, ends correctly but do not update the tables.

Pablo.

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pablo,

I was thinking the other reasons .. Any way There are some notes which talk about the batch input of the program RFBIKR00

OSS Note # 443453 Batch input: incorrect transfer of old LFA1 data

910857 Incorrect characters (#) in batch input session

318914 Problems: creating vendors and batch-enabled server

In a mean while I’m also investigating the other notes

But Its really strange you’re not getting any error . Did you try to debug the program using SM35 ?

OR do SQL trace on and find what is doing ?

Also see in SM51/SM50 its updating tables?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saquib,

I couldn´t find a note related to this problem. We have all the support packages applied. I hope you can give some advice to solve this problem.

Thanks,

Pablo.

PD: I also send a message to SAP.