Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment terms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am defining payment terms of vendor.

My requirement is "100% Payment in 30 days after Receipt/Acceptance".

Now when i am craeting paymeny term for vendor, In payment terms after entering 100 % in percentage, a error is coming as "Entry too long (enter in the format __,___)

Message no. 00089

Pl help.

Uts

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check in SU01 - defaults - the decimal point settings for your user ID and make it like 1234.50.

Or else try to enter the payment term percentage like 100,00.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i am entering number less than 100% it is accepting for an e.g. 99, 98 , only when i am entering 100 in percentage field, its giving me error.

Uts

Edited by: Utsav.agra on Apr 17, 2009 7:22 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The field of percentage is used for cash discount, not for payment! So 100% cash discound is unacceptable! That's it!

Good luck

Tao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tao,

I got your point, then where i have to mention 100%.?

Uts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From my point of view, it's not necessary, because terms of payment focus on the term, not payment percentage, normally that's mean till the payment date your company have to pay the whole purchase value to the supplier! If you want to do the instalment, you can use the invoice plan on the PO, that's the standard solution!

Hope my answer could help you!

Good day

Tao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't give percentage and only give the No of days. this means 0 % cash discount within 30 days i.e. 100 % payment within 30 days.

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to input additional months in base line date calculation as 1 month or days as 30 for full payment in 30 days. After 30 days, IV will be due for payment.

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Payment Term (OBB8): Arrangement made with a business partner governing financial statement with respect to goods supplied and services performed.

Thanks & Regards,

Senthil.