cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicates in Marketting Attributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDNers,

I am having 5 Marketting Attributes. Each Marketting Attribute is a Table.

One of the Marketting attribute is (News).

In That attribute (News) I am getting duplicates values. I want to stop those duplicates.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

If you are storing your attribute values in look up tables, there should not be any duplicates as maintaining uniqueness is a feature of look up tables.

However if you are getting duplicate values in a table, best practice would be to take a combination of two or more fields as a matching field, to ensure importing unique record always.

Also check whether you are selecting skip as the import action in case of exact matches in your delta imports.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minaz,

Thanks for reply.

For an Example:

Suppose I getting data based BP Number I will import Data to MDM.

For that BP I am having Marketting attribute (NEWS) as 3 records. like 1- 2-3.

For the second time Fo rthe Same Bp the Marketing Arrtibute (NEWS) comes like 113.

Here 1is duplicate. It should not Import this data into MDM.

Any suggestion for this?

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

What i can understand from your query is that you have a lookup table News in which you have Legal values say 1,2,3....

Each time you are importing your Main table record BP you are getting new values for each record and you dont want these values to get duplicated.

- For this you need to first import the Lookup table records for News

- While importing make sure you have set the unique property for the field inside the lookup so that it wont allow duplicate values.

- When importing the lookup table select the matching field such that it will import all the valid unique values to that table,If a single field is not enough you can use a field combination to import.

- Once you finish importing the lookup table go for the main table importing.

- Here map all the main table fields and when you map the lookup field to the (news) lookup table you will have to perform value mapping.

- This will ensure only single values come in for the records.

- Also the import action must be set to Update all Mapped field so that you get the latest values for that particular field in MDM.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Can you elaborate a little more.

Where exactly and in which type of table or field are you storing this News?

Regards,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pinto,

Thanks for reply. All the process is Automated.

By reading your answer I understtod that

Already I mapped all fields means (Main table fields and Lookup table fields).

Just I have to set Unique Property to "YES". That is enough. Becasue as of now the Unique property is "NO".

Please correct if I am wrong.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minaz,

I am having a main Table. In that main table I am having 5 marketting attributes Tables.

All are Lookup Qualified tables. Marketting Attrinutes names are (NEWS, etc)

In this (NEWS) Marketting arrtibute I defined vales as 1-2-3. Only these vales as to come to Data.

I will import data based on 1 Matching Field (PAN Number).

Fo Ex:-

I will Import Data based on PAN Number.

For that PAN number I am having an marketting attributes 1-2 already in MDM.

For the second time for the same PAN number I got a Data as input files as 1-1-3.

Here the data 1 is duplicated. It should not update in MDM. It should be updated only new value is 3.

Then In MDM the data should be as 1-2-3. It should not contain 1-1-2 or 1-2-2 etc. It should contain duplicated vales in table.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

In the Import Manager, go to configuration options.

Try changing the default multi valued update and default qualified update to update.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

As you have mentioned in your latest post,the 5 attributes in your Main table are actually pointing to a Qualified lookup multivalued Table.

In that case it could also be the behaviour of the Qualified table that is allowing duplicates.

Because when you import qualified table records(Non qualifiers) You can restrict it to only unique set of values.

However when you maintain a qualified link between the main table records and the qualified table records (in the main table importing).

Qualified table allows multivalue and also duplicte as that is the fucntion of Qualifieds

Eg:

Customer Id News(Lookup Qualified)

ABC 1-2-3

ABC 1-1-3

ABC 1-2-3

You need to make changes in the Import manager Configuartion options for Qualified links

By default it is append so it get added to the exsiting link you can change it to

You can change it to Replace or Update according to your Business need.

Make the necessary changes and try again.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

In Import Manager, go to Configuration -> Options, Check the entry Default qualified Update and set it to update instead of Append(default). Now try importing the data.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

If I have understood you right your requirement is that you want data in reference tables should not be duplicate.

here in example one of the marketing attr table is News.

Identify the field on which you would be deciding duplicitous records.

Now in console define the Unique constraint property of that field 'Yes'.

It will throw err if user is trying to create duplicate rec.

While importing data through import manager in match record tab select that field as matching field.

Regards,

Abhijeet More