cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATS and transfer to Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have recorded and approved time against personal numbers in previous period ( last month).However I had not transferred to PS and CO. So there is no cost booking. I want to transfer the cost against my approval timesheet in the current period.

Is it possible and if yes how?

Customer do not want to unlock the previous period in controlling.

Regards

Zinni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

cancel time and rebook in current period via CATS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Customer has alrady booked the time in previous period and do not want to cancel or change. Also they do not want to open the previos period. They want to book the cost in current period though the time booking is in previous period. Is it possible???

Can we suggest them to go for direct FI posting? Not too sure about other implications

Zinni

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ok

if you want to keep the booking time in last period but post in this period then just run CATA or CAT5 to transfer CATS times to PS, this should be posted in current period although the date recorded in CATS could be in previous period

Former Member
0 Kudos

While trying to transfer, the message appears" nothing to transfer" .The date what we maintain in CAT5, is it the key date on which want to transfer?? I have checked table CATSDB and CATSPS shows ok.

Please advice. Perhaps I am nearing to solution.

Zinni

Edited by: Makwana Zinni on Apr 17, 2009 7:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transfer to PS is a background automatic job. Now the error" Transaction Actual activity allocation has been locked" and the reason is obvious due to lock in previous and past periods. If trying through CATA or CAT5 it is saying nothing to transfer.

waiting for valued advice

Zinni

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in CATA ot CAT5 use the radio button transfer till todayif you get any error message casn you give me the message number

Former Member
0 Kudos

In CAT5 while transfering, it is showing nothing to transfer. I have given the date range for which times has been booked and approved.

Answers (0)