Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milestone Trend Analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In one project, I did the following,

1.Flagged the corresponding milestones as being relevant for Trend analysis. Entered the basic fixed date

2.On the chosen report dates created project version (though I don't understand the importance of it). Also, I entered some value for the Version key & Group ( or where should we created the Version key & Version Group).

3. Marked the Relevant for MTA indicator.

4. Tried MTA using CNMT ... only I am getting the triangle and dates on the X & Y axis.

5. Tried entering the actual date different from the original date which again is of no use.

Also, it always gives the message No historic curve exists.

Whether the steps i performed is correct ? Where I am making mistake ?

Thanks

Vinodh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dont enter Basic fixed date, Let the date be scheduled...The purpose of MTA is to analyse the date of a particular milestone comparing with the planned date...I will give u an example...Suppose today u have released a project...in which u have Milestone A...systems calculates the scheduled date for that milestone A as 30.04.09....i.e., on 16.04.09 the expected completion date of milestone A is 30.04.09...now create a project version....If u run MTA today u wont understand anything....then let say on 18.04.09 u have some confirmation in ur activities and rescheduled the project, due to which the scheduled date of ur milestone A is calculated as 06.05.09...so on 18.04.09 the milestone date is 06.05.09...now run CNMT on 18.04.09...u will see a curve going upwards, with two points one on 30.04.09 and another on 06.05.09...this means that ur project/milestone is in delay...

Now u might have understand the purpose of creating project version, If not, the purpose of creating project version is to take a snapshot of project on 16.04.09 and to compare with project on 18.04.09...because whatever the data was on 16.04.09 is completely changed on 18.04.09, so if u dont hve project version, u cant compare anything.....

For historice curve and milestone, I would suggest u to read help.sap.com carefully...u will understand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

That is a very good explanation... lot of my doubts have been cleared... Juz tell me the following so that it will be complete,

Where the Version key and Version group are created ?

When we run the CNMT, how this Project versions are used b'coz in CNMT, it only allows to select the project and how the milestones can be selected in CNMT as this field is not there as a selection criterion ?

thanks in advance.

Vinodh

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

regarding version kyes and groups pls refer http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/d8/1fe8344d1d166be10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

project versions are used to take data of past dates...if u want to see particular milestones not all...then run CNMT and then press F6..u will get list of milestones belong to that project...u can select particular milestone and see the progress, this way u can select milestones

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

The help suggests to goto CN41 / CN41N and then choose the following,

Make sure that the indicator Version data has been selected for the DB (database) profile. (what is this indicator version ?)

Enter the project and/or network. - done

Set the Current data indicator, if you want to compare current data with the project versions. - This could not be seen

Choose one or more project versions. - There is no field to select this?

Choose Execute.

Thanks in advance

Vinodh

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think u r talking abt displaying project versions...goto cn41...click DB profile...u will see version data...check that box...then enter...u will see current data and version data indicator....next to project version field u will see multiple selection button...click that,..there u can select more than one project version

Answers (0)