Consolidation PR items at the time of PO

bhushan_bivalkar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all , I have created PO automatically via PRs

Example

Item A 50 Pcs by Requisitioner 1 and same product for other requisitioner

Item A 20 Pcs by Requisitioner 2

I observed that system creates 2 line items for each requisitioner .

I want PO to be created of 100 Pcs consolidated . and in tem details on deliveryschedule tab it will show the break up of this 100 PCs .

How I can make it possible

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

bhushan_bivalkar
Participant
0 Kudos

Not satisfied

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhusan,

Its not like SAP has not considered this kind of requirement.

For such kind of requirements SAP has given the Delivry schedule Tab, where we can maintain multiple PRs for same material.

bhushan_bivalkar
Participant
0 Kudos

But its manuaaly .. and if there is a manual entry for such type of voluminus data then there an possiblity of error

former_member433442
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is very much possible in standard SAP, follow the below procedure,

1. In me21n screen switch on the document overview

2. Drag your PR into shopping crat at the header (next to PO document type)

3. Then in item details tab, goto delivery schedule at the bottom you can find one more shopping crat, there drag & drop the remianing pr's.

Now it will create in single line item.

Note: Delivery date will be the latest one.

Regards,

Prabu

bhushan_bivalkar
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a good suggestion I have tried it its a useful but . Is it possible to make it automatically.

because if its manual entry then it will be more chances of errors

Edited by: Bhushan Bivalkar on Apr 17, 2009 11:16 AM

former_member433442
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope its not possible in standard SAP.

Regards,

Prabu

bhushan_bivalkar
Participant
0 Kudos

I have tried to ceate the PO as suggested in earlier post by using the method of Shopping cart type icon on item details tab . This I have done for the consolidation . But as my PO has account assignment I entered the Cost Center . But system gives following message

Requisition 10000036, item 00010, assigned to other order account

Message no. 06251

I just exp[lain the scenario as follows

Iam simulating the Third Party Process and PRs are getiing generated in background at the time of Sales Order creation there are 2 sales order as follows

SO1

Mat1 10 Pcs Requisitioner R1

Mat2 15 Pcs R1

SO2

Mat1 20 Pc R2

PRs

PR1

Mat1 10 Pcs Requisitioner R1

Mat2 15 Pcs R1

PR2

Mat1 20 Pc R2

In PO

line Item 10 Mat1 30 Pc Del Sch Tab 10 & 20 Pc from R1 & R2

Line item 20 Mat2 15Pcs

Account assignment is same in all the PRs items and for PO also

And system gives error message

I hope you understand my problem

Edited by: Bhushan Bivalkar on Apr 17, 2009 4:14 PM

Edited by: Bhushan Bivalkar on Apr 18, 2009 9:41 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Delivery schedule tab you can use when you are converting PR in to PO manually.It will not work with transaction code ME59N

I mean to say you have to enter all PR numbers in delivery schedule tab manually.

Here in Delivery schedule tab if you will enter both PR for same material, system will consolited in PO one line item

Edited by: Manish Kumar Agarwal on Apr 17, 2009 6:37 AM

bhushan_bivalkar
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok then any other user exit or development is possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Standard SAP does not support your requirement and also doing any modification is not a good idea becoz after that you will never get to know from PO line item the PR reference.

Best method to cater such problem is to change the PO print program where you will do the checking that if any two material are similar then it will club together and show as single line item. But this is only limited to PO print only.

I hope this will help you

enjoyyyyy

Akshit

bhushan_bivalkar
Participant
0 Kudos

Ya buddy I discussed with my ABAPer regarding the same and we are thinking on the same line but Its very strange that its a very standard requirement and practical , why SAP do not have such functionality . I am also lookin for any note available , if you have any idea about the note then pls reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhusan,

It is not possible, because if you will generate one line item in PO for two PR's, where system will capture two PR numbers in one PO line item.Because the traking is also required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have two different PR's system will generate two line item in PO to keep the history of PR number in to PO.

bhushan_bivalkar
Participant
0 Kudos

Maneesh I agree with you but its not practical to send the PO with so many line items of same material. So I need consolidation . Is it possible ? If you see delivery schedule tab you can observe that there is requsition number field . So I just want to know If I maintain consolidated qty in line item and I will get the break up of consolidated items in this tab

Edited by: Bhushan Bivalkar on Apr 17, 2009 9:57 AM