cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW BPS in NW 2004s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We are using the BW BPS not BI IP functionality available in NW2004s version of BW system. I just want to know to what extent I can leverage(use) the addition functionality available for FOX, locking functionality and variable mapping I can use in BW BPS ?

Thanks,

Raj.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

klaus_werner
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I can give you a partial answer for the locking mechanism. The new locking mechanism is used throughout for both BPS and BI IP because they can't be independent, otherwise you might overwrite the same data from BPS and IP simultaneously.

Regards, Klaus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

klaus_werner
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Maybe also the how to paper (in Service MP/nw-howtoguides) helps with the title:

How To…

Use Reporting

Variables in

BW-BPS

Regards, Klaus

gerd_schoeffl
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

As Klaus stated above you can use the new locking mechanisme in BW-BPS. You can also use the services that come with that - see transaction RSPLSE.

You can also use the new features in FOX. Namely calling function modules and the new string statements (concatenate, replace...).

Unfortunately you cannot use the BI variables in BPS. You can find a list of all the new functionality (and which BI P functionality you can use in BPS) in the rampup material.

Best regards

Gerd Schoeffl,

SAPNetWeaver RIG BI EMEA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot guys for your inputs

former_member93896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raj,

if you want to use the BW variables in BPS, simply implement the paper "How To… Use Reporting Variables in BW-BPS".

Regards,

Marc

SAP NetWeaver RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark for your advise .

I am planning to use the second option in the lock management to restrict the locking in BW BPS to one characteristic i.e Fund Center. I have selected the transactional (real time) cube and identified the characteristic for lock but when I see my locks I am seeing them being generated based on Fund Center instead it is considering each and every charecteristic in planning level. Do I need to do any additional configuration for lock management.

Thanks,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

did any body used locking BI IP for BW BPS. I am wondering whether to impliment the note 635244 or the option 2 in RSPLAN lock management. When I made my cube and info object (fundcenter) lock relevant to locking only based on the values of that info object in BW BPS, but system still locks for all values. Please let me know if you have any idea on this.

Thanks,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I figured this issue. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

How did you managed to solve this issue?

bye

San