cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

constraint the quantity ordered against the Purchase Requisition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I have problem in Purchase Requisition, when I have done one PR doc. I put the 200 as the quantity. and when I'm doing the PO I can put the quantity 400, without error message. I also can create 2 PO with reference to the same PR, so for example PR quantity is 200 , the qty for first PO is 200, and The quantity for second PO is also 200. now , this condition is acceptable in my system. what should I do to avoid these kind of conditions, therefore no over-delivery, or mistake in ordering.

Thanks

Hope to see ur feedback soon

Best Regard,

Pauline

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have created the error message 06- 648 but it does not work at all.. what should i do then?

when i create the over-qty PO no message appears.

thanks

Pauline

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow the below path in SPRO:

Materials Management --- Purchasing --- Environment Data --- Define Attributes of System Messages.

Here change the message category of message from W to E and if it not there in system, please add it.

The message number is 06 - 648

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For putting a restriction on the PO qty, not to exceed PR qty, you can configure the message 06 - 648 (Requisition quantity already ordered in full (see follow-on docs.)) as an error message in the SPRO settings in the below path --

SAP Customizing Implementation Guide > Materials Management > Purchasing > Environment Data > Define Attributes of System Messages.

This will give the error message when the PO qty is exceeding the PR Qty for enjoy transactions (ME21N, ME22N, ME23N, etc.)

For the old transactions (ME21, ME22, etc), you need to put a validation by using - EXIT_SAPMM06E_012 function exit.

Hope this should help.

Regards,

Zafar.