cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire transfer config

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We have a problem with Wire transfer config. we usually send our bank files to the middle vendor who does the interfacing with Bank. We have Check and ACH working fine so far. Now we are planning to put in wire transfer where in it needs to process international payments as well. So now we need to do the config in such a way that it gets the vendor bank information (Middle company has a standard form so it needs those fields to be filled like IBN, Bank information, ID type etc) which it can pick up during Payment run. I am not sure how we can force these. vendor master has only limited amount of information which we can populate. Is there something we can do.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Do you want to know about the configuration for wire payments or master data maintenance ??

For wire transfer, normally the fields in the vendor master payment transations will be used. Please give more details on what exactly your third party format needs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was actually asking about both. I found a part of the solution. We can put all those Bank details in the vendor master data. Now the problem is we have a intermediary banks to pay to international bank. There is Bank chain concept available, i couldnt understand it completely how to configure. can some one guide me in this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you are in the right direction. Intermediary bank and chain banks are the same terms used interchangably. Chain bank is nothing but your intermediary bank which will finally pay to your final vendor bank. In order to establish the connection, you specify which bank chain is to apply for a given customer or vendor. See the steps below to define bank chains. If you have only have three or four vendors, I would suggest you to ask your developer to create a ztable to maintain intermediary banks. The ztable will have your vendor number, company code, currency etc according to bank's specifications. Your abaper will add a logic to the payment program that you are using to print DME file and the print DME file specification. The logic is based on the combination of house bank, vendor, then print the intermediary bank in DME.

Prerequisites

You have already defined the master data for the customer or vendor.

Procedure

1. On the SAP R/3 screen, choose Accounting  Financial accounting  Banking.

The system now displays the Banking screen.

2. Choose Master data  Bank chain  Business partners  Edit.

3. Enter the customer or vendor account number and select the indicator for the payment direction (incoming or outgoing payment). If necessary, enter the appropriate data in the parameters Company code, House bank, Account, Currency, and Payment method supplement. Choose Execute.

The system displays a list of partner banks.

In the Vendor field, enter KRED1 and select Outgoing payment.

4. Choose the required bank. If a bank chain did not already exist, the system displays a message alerting you to this fact.

The system displays the Bank Chain per Business Partner Account screen.

5. Choose Edit  New Entries and enter the desired specification for the bank chain. Bank chains are specified per Currency and (if necessary) also per Sender bank country, Sender bank key and Payment method supplement.

Enter DEM in the Currency field.

6. Choose Bank chain per business partner account, followed by Edit  New entries and enter the required bank chain by specifying the:

Bank number

Bank category (correspondence bank of the sender, intermediary bank, senderu2019s correspondence bank)

Country

Bank key

Bank account of the correspondence or intermediary bank

No. 1

Cat 2 (intermediary bank)

Corr.Ctry

(Country of correspondence bank) DE

Corr.Bank key.

(Bank key of correspondence bank) 111222

Bank account GIRO

7. Save your entries.

Result

You have now created a bank chain for a customer or vendor partner bank for outgoing or incoming payments.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Thanks for explaining in detail. I will try to do that and will keep you posted. One quick question. What kind of Config we need to do prior to do this in SPRO. I think we need to activate the Bank chain system. Isn't it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you define the bank chains and activate in IMG

Edit the chian banks via sap easy access menu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am little confused. When we are doing everything in FIBPU (Giving sender bank and intermediate bank details i understood this part) , what are we doing in IMG? As far as my understanding is, To do FIBPU we need to activate Bank chain in IMG, to activate Bank chain in IMG we need to create some bank chain (which i did not understand what to do and did some thing by copying standard settings). Can you please explain me this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did the config and started the payment run but how do I make these intermediary bank details populate in REGUH table. How would I know if it is working?

Answers (0)