Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export and import user master records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning for system refresh activity. So I am planning Production server data to copy in Quality server. I want retain Quality server users like that only. Is there any way I can export user master records and import it later?

Please advice us.

Our environment is 4.6 C, Oracle 10g, windows 2003 server.

Regards

Satya

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can very well retain the users. Export Client profile SAP_USER , using SCC8 , and import it back in QA after the refresh.

This is more of a basis activity, you might just want to check with them too

Thanks

Abhishek

0 Kudos

Thanks for inputs

Regards

Satya

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Satyanarayana,

please be aware, that with SAP_USER standard change logs are not copied. So if you have such in your QAS, they will be propably overwritten by the PRD content. You will loose then change logs for role changes, which are kept in the standard change documents (cdpos,cdhdr).

User change docs are copied together with the users with provfile SAP_USER.

That is just for your information. In general there will not be change documents for roles in QAS.....

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any other procedure to do it?

Thanks and Regards

Satya

0 Kudos

Hello Satya,

set up your QAS as client of a CUA landscape......

To get an idea: https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Security/Bestpractice-HowtoperformaclientcopywhenCUAisactive

b.rgds,

Bernhard