cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Alerts in Pl Book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using V5 DP. This is the first time, i got to use alerts. I did the following.

I have first created an Alert macro. Second, in AMON1, i have created an Overall Profile with 12 months time period. And in Maintain DP/SNP database alerts, i have created a new entry for my alert description and adopted that in the SDP profile of my Overall Prfl. I have given the Pl book name and a blank row, with the selection ID (grouped by materials). and in the Interactive pl book, to my user ID, i had assigned the SDP prfl. My macro is set as Start Macro. Now when i loaded the data, i dont see any alerts at the bottom. It just says "No alerts exist for your selection".

I dont know why i am not getting the alerts.

My macro is simple. If the Fcst KF is higher than Budget KF, generate an alert.

I have few doubts here :

1) Once i have defined my condition in the macro itself, why am i giving the relational operator (greater than or lower..) while defining the new alert type, and description. How its related to alert generation ? I agree about Error, warning, info..

2) I am confused with the numbers of Alert types ? How do i know which number range i have to select for my own alert description ? In the table, it has 2 columns for alert type numbers, why there are 2 ?

3) Do i have to be in edit mode to generate database alerts ? Even in edit mode, i tried loading the data again, still i dont get.

Any help pls why i am not getting alerts ?

thanks in advance,

venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now i am getting. I dont know why i was not getting earlier. Its kind of refresh ?