cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queries on SAP Solution Manager ChaRM & Service Desk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have couple of queries on ChaRM and Service Desk. Request your expert advice.

1. As we know it is possible to create a change request from service desk ticket. Now I want to know if it is possible to have a dependency between the Service Desk ticket and corresponding ChaRM request so that till the time the change request is not closed/ Abandoned, the service request cannot be closed.

2. Can a ChaRM change request can have multiple change documents attached to it and if yes how the status of the change request is determined. If we can create only one change document then is it the case that we can handle changes in only one satellite system with one change reuest. Example u2013 2 change requests are required if changes required in ECC & BI system for same incident.

Thnaks.

Best regards, Vithal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjai & all,

Now I want to know some of the scenario where we are required to have multiple change documents. As we know once the change document has got created it is not possible to change the change request. Also in the change document we have certain actions (e.g. quality team approval) which we get on change level and not for each document. Please let me know how this will be possible in case we have multiple change documents getting created (say one for development team, other for customizing team and one for security team).

So in all we have a scenario where some actions are happening at change request level - then some changes at change document level (have multiple change documents)u2013 then again some actions which we want to do on the collective change (will not mind in doing at change document level).

Thanks for all your pointers.

Best regards,

Vithal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sanjai,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply to my query . I want to see the screenshots of these type of charm. if you do not mind, request you to share the same.

Thanks a lot in advance. Have a great day ahead.

Best regards,

Vithal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vithal,

1. I am not sure about the dependency between CR and support message.

Because I am able to "Confirm" the support message while related CR and Normal correction are in status "Authorized" and "In Development" respectively.

2. Yes, You can have more than one change document for a change request. The status of change request will be set to "Implemented" only if all the change documents status become either "Confirmed" or "Production". Otherwise status of CR will be just "Authorized".

Regards,

Sanjai