Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Data Integrator, Spaces, and an AS/400 input source.

If this question has been answered a thousand times, please feel free to redirect me to the correct location.

I am using BO DI v 11.7.

My input source is an AS400 'table'

My destination source is anOracle table.

Based on client requirements, I need to maintain trailing spaces that are brought forward from the AS400 table into the destination table. They need to match exactly.

However... It appears that DI does its very best to 'help me' by eliminating the spaces at every turn. I've tried nearly every function to see if it will recognize the trailing spaces and the only thing that I can find that works is the 'decode' function where I specify a literal (e.g., Decode(field=' '....).

I tried creating a custom function, but DI trims the trailing spaces from the varchar(x) input parameter...

I'm sure that there is a simple solution that I'm missing.

My challenge is that I can not predict if there will be 1,2,10 or no trailing spaces.

Update... per a prior thread, I validated that we have "ANSI_Varchar_Behavior=TRUE" in DSConfig.txt. This value is set and I am still seeing this behavior. Is there something over-riding this parameter somewhere?

Update 2... Just looked at DSconfig.txt and found "Orcl_Truncate_Trailing_Blanks=TRUE" . This 'may' be the cause, but not being able to easily find documentation on these parameters leaves me in the 'try and see' realm.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I can send the dsconfig.txt file to anyone who might like to take a look.

Edited by: Dave Hofer on Apr 16, 2009 9:15 PM

Edited by: Dave Hofer on Apr 16, 2009 9:38 PM

Edited by: Dave Hofer on Apr 16, 2009 9:39 PM

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question