cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exposing PI end to end monitoring data

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are exploring the possibilities to create a portal based application to allow the business users to see the status of their messages processed by PI 7.1. The message information to be made available be the same as in Run time work bench end to end monitoring i.e. message state, payload data, error message in case of message failiure etc.

Run time work bench can not be offerd to the busniess users as it is too technical and has component monitoring, performance monitoring etc which are not relevent to business users.

Based on premilary information we could come up with following two approches -

1. I got few articles on sdn which talks about fetching out the PI monitoring data from PI underlying tables using a ABAP code and exposing it as a web service to a portal based java webdypro application. Here, the main hurdel I see are -

- PI ABAP tables have monitoring data of XSMB_MONI, how to trace message if it fails in adapter.

Are there tables available to store adapter data also?

- Volume of message flowing through will be huge (20000 per day approx)..Is it possible for a web service to process and return these many records??

2. I have also seen few articles of Netweaver Administrator for PI. It also has very good end to end monitoring capability and also a payload content based search.

- Can NWAPI be customized to alllow few users to see the read only end to end monitoring screen while admin user can do all the admin and monitorng activties??

- Can NWAPI be made availabe as a stand alone application accesible on portal??

Any help or suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

- Rajan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Rajan,

perhaps you also want to consider the PDF Setup Guide for Interface Monitoring under

https://service.sap.com/bpm --> Media Library --> Technical Information.

It explains how PI monitoring can be part of Business Process Monitoring within SAP Solution Manager. It also explains the automated alert monitoring of other interface technologies like IDOC, qRFC, tRFC, flat files etc.

So you would get dedicated PI messages as part of the "bigger" business process. This information can then also be published via iViews or end-user can access it via the WebDynpro UI the so called Work Center.

Best Regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Volker,

Thanks for the useful information.

Can you please pointer me to the more detail docuemtaions of PI end to end monitoring configuration in solution manager. As, I have no experience on Solution manager, I was not able to figure out how the monitoring data stored in the solution manager can be published to the portal iviews.

Further information will be greatly appreciated.

- Rajan

0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

you shold have a look alos under service.sap.com/bpm --> Media Library --> Technical Information and then click on the claendar sheet so that old document are shown. There you find the general Setup Guide for BPMon where it states on page 72:

"With SAP Solution Manager release 4.0 the graphical overview is a html format which can also be published in the SAP Enterprise Portal or even as an ordinary website. Please refer to SAP Notes 705947 and 778933 respectively."

That's all I would know at the moment. Didn't come across iView publishing for a very long time.

Regards

Volker