cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow stops just after event is created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My workflow terminates just at the start (in process) in the test system. The event is activated and workflow log shows a log of executed action

(Sub)workflow created 16.04.2009 17:16:44

Workflow started 16.04.2009 17:16:44

Missing from this is the executed action

Start Event Received 04/16/2009 12:49:36

What does this mean?

This workflow was working in our development system. The event is called correctly from the bsp. There are no start conditions. I canu2019t see anything else wrong. I did my refresh of the buffers using /nPPWFBUF and swu_obuf. I also refreshed the org environment in SWUS. The workflow was transported ok and everything seems ok in test system.

The workflow will terminate in the same way when activated using SWUE but will process ok using transaction SWUS.

Has anybody any ideas?

Thanks

Ann

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

in the workflow log in dev ( where this works) the log is

View: Workflow chronicle

Executed Action Date

Update Material Master E-form 0000001749

Start Event Received 04/16/2009

(Sub)workflow created 04/16/2009

Workflow started 04/16/2009

and then the first step of the workflow is executed.

in qas ( where it's terminated)

Update Material Master E-form 0000001749

Executed Action Date Time

(Sub)workflow created 16.04.2009 17:43:50

Workflow started 16.04.2009 17:43:50

there the workflow just hangs. the status of the workflow is set to in process. I notice that the

Start Event Received 04/16/2009 is missing here. I called SWE_EVENT_CREATE_IN_UPD_TASK' (followed by a commit work ) from my bsp to create the event. is the issue with the business object? The event get created but the workflow does not appear to get started.

thanks

Ann

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you can see the workflow in the workflow log, then it has, of course, started, so there's no problem with your event creation.

'In Process' doesn't mean the workflow has terminated, it means it's underway.

If a workflow step stays in process for a long time there could be various reasons, eg locking, or incorrect agent assignment, or there's a problem with a method being run. Do you have the SWWERRE background job running to retry any temporary errors?

(see SWU3, "Schedule Background Job for Work Items with Errors")

The workflow step that it's stuck at, what does it do? What does it call? Who is the agent?

regards

Rick Bakker

Hanabi Technology

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

the step that it's stuck at is just the start of the workflow. that step does nothing but take in the receiver event data and initiate the workflow. comparing swel (Receiver data) I see that objecy key is initial. That would suggest that the event is been raised ok but the receiver fm SWW_WI_CREATE_VIA_EVENT_IBF has not processed the event fully. what do you think?

Receiver Type WS99500102

Object Key INITIAL ( just not be)

Receiver FM SWW_WI_CREATE_VIA_EVENT_IBF

RFC Destination WORKFLOW_LOCAL_100

Check FM

Receiver Type FM

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes indeed, not supplying the event with an object will cause problems.

Usually in a workflow the object is mandatory so you don't often see them get started without one, unless it's on purpose for some reason.

You should check how the event is created and fix it.

regards

Rick Bakker

Hanabi Technology

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

No I'm supplying it with an object

the event trace log is as below. for some reason the object key is not been read into the workflow.

Event Instance ID 25098458

Object Type ZMATEFORM

Object Key 0000001192

Event EFORMMATCREATE

Receiver Type WS99500102

Object Key

Receiver FM SWW_WI_CREATE_VIA_EVENT_IBF

RFC Destination WORKFLOW_LOCAL_100

Check FM

Receiver Type FM

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Go into PFTC_DIS, select the workflow, go to Triggering Events tab, check that the object is being passed in the binding.

regards

Rick Bakker

Hanabi Technology

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Rick for all your help. in case your interested, the issue with the workitem not been generated was caused by wf-batch not having sap_all. wf-batch has sap_all in dev but not qas.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback! So that solved all the problems?

Could you confirm: the event had the correct object, the binding event->wf was okay, and yet the workflow ended up with an initial object, and this was caused by WF-BATCH not having SAP_ALL?

regards

Rick Bakker

Hanabi Technology

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, all was ok apart from wf-batch not having sap_all.

thanks again

Ann

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

What do you mean by "Missing from this is the executed action". Is that what it says in the workflow log?

Is the workflow set to COMPLETED?

What is the first step of the workflow, does it perform that step?

regards

Rick Bakker

Hanabi Technology