cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP receiver: configure URL on runtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts:

I have an RFCs --> XI --> SOAPs scenario. The URLs for SOAPs are always like "http://server:port/directory/xxxxxxx" and only changes "xxxxxxx". The user/passord is the same for all URLs.

My question:

There is some way to configure dynamically the URL? I have tried to use DynamicConfiguration but I must write all the URL in each (java) mapping. Server and port will change when I transport to the productive systems so I'm interested in maintaining the basis URL on the communication channel by adding the last part dynamically

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> My question:

> There is some way to configure dynamically the URL? I have tried to use DynamicConfiguration but I must write all the URL in each (java) mapping. Server and port will change when I transport to the productive systems so I'm interested in maintaining the basis URL on the communication channel by adding the last part dynamically

>

> Thanks

use dynamic configuration itself.

in your case you will have different values for different env. i.e Dev, Qa and PRD so in the code you can check what is the current sap system (based on SID) and write the logic

ex.

// Assume XID is Dev, XIQ is QA etc

String sysName = (String) System.getProperty("SAPSYSTEMNAME");

if(sysName.equals("XID"))
{
//your logic here
}
else if(sysName.equals("XIQ"))
{
//your logic here
}
else
{
// your logic
}

the above code will help you get the SID and based on it you can set the url via dynamic conf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish:

Thanks for your reply. That solves my actual problem, but in future there will be another scenarios (FILEs --> XI --> SOAPs, SOAPs --> XI -->SOAPs) with the same charateristics. Do you know any way to do it without considering the sender CC?

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can only have this done on Receiver CC not on sender CC.

Sender CC you will have to manually configure for each environment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I meant if I do not know the SAP system name (i.e. SOAP sender) and I want reuse the mapping

Edited by: Valero Lázaro on Apr 16, 2009 7:09 PM

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well i guess you need to know

else it wouldnt help !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK

Thanx