cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where to activate generic datasource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

After you create a generic Datasource from RSO2 in R/3 system. You save it then when can you see that datasource (RSA5?) do we have to activate it somewhere before we try using it?

Please help,

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj

Once you saved the Datasource it appears in RSA5 and you don't have to activate. As a next step go to BW and replicate as other datasources.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Sat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thanks all for the quick reply,

I have created a test DataSource and can see it in rsa6.

This is the first time I am creating an generic datasource, i have like 40 fileds in the table and i have written down the related BW infoobjects for that fileds.

When i create the datasource what are the flags that i need to check in the selection flag? and which flags should i leave blank. The table is related to new GL accounting.

What my thinking goes after I create the datasource, using the infoobjects for those 40 fileds I will have to make a cube. and then map everything and load the data. I also have to create custom ODS i guess.

Correct me if I am wrong in my approcah.

Thanks again AHP, Bhanu and Sat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj

Check the flag for the fields which you want to have selection option in the Infopackage otherwise don't flag the fields.

After creating the Datasource replicate that in to BW and create Infosource. This is the place you map Datasource fields to Infoobjects.

After mapping is done create ODS Object and then Info Cube

If you don't need ODS Object you don't have to create you could directly load in to Cube ( It depends on your business Requirement).

Hope this helps

Thnaks

Sat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now I am trying to create the generic datasource and when when i click on save on first screen i get this error on status bar " Invalid Extract Structure template 'table name' of datasource XFI_GL_SL".

what is this about, what am i doing wrong ?

Thanks

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In RSO2 we can create our own Datasources. RSA5 is used ti install SAP provided Datasources.So the datasources you created in RSO2, that you can see it in RSA6.You can activate it in RSO2 itself.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/66/76473c3502e640e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Thanks

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

Check out whether there the table exists in R/3 and the fields that u require in the data source are available in the extract strucutre in turn the data base table.

Cheers

Chaks

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

After creating the generic datasource, you will be able to see it in RSA6 (Activated datasources). You cannot see it in RSA5 (Delivered datasources) as you have created this, it is not delivered by SAP.

Hope this helps...

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Raj,

no need to activate with rsa5/6.

maintain is done with rso2. you can try use it.

hope this helps.