cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent problem causing error: The ASSERT condition was violated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have got a problem with my abap web dynpro, but the problem has only just started for one particular user. The only difference between the user in question is that they process alot more data and see alot more entries within a table UI element which is displayed on the first screen of the wdp (about 4200 entries).

The problem also started as being Intermittent but is now every time the user tries to run the application (maybe it has got worse as the records have grown).

Anyone got any ideas what could be causing this... apart from too many records in the table but i have had more records displayed in a table than this is displaying with no problems.

source code info from ABAP dump does not seem to be too usfull, it is:

method dispatch_event.
  data l_event_handler type ref to if_wdr_adapter_event_handler.

l_event_handler = get_event_handler( i_event_handler_id ).
  assert l_event_handler is bound.     "" >>>>>>This is line ABAP DUMP happens at

raise event on_handle_event
    exporting
      event_handler = l_event_handler
      event_name    = i_event_name.

l_event_handler->handle_event(
    i_event_handler_id = i_event_handler_id
    i_event_name       = i_event_name
    i_event_param_1    = i_event_param_1
    i_event_param_2    = i_event_param_2
    i_event_param_3    = i_event_param_3
    i_event_param_4    = i_event_param_4
    i_event_param_5    = i_event_param_5
    i_update_data      = i_update_data
    i_event_queue      = i_event_queue
  ).
endmethod.

Any help would be much appreciated

Regards

Mart

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Are you actually displaying all 4200 records in the table on the frontend? If so that could certainly lead to timing problems with so many records rendered on the frontend. Generally that amount of records would be no problem at all as long as you are only displaying a much smaller amount (100 rows or less) at a time on the client side. I've done a test with a table that had 10,000,000 rows and it wasn't a problem.

Otherwise I have a hard time imagining what would cause the event handler to fire, but there have no details about the event to restore the event object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas, thanks for your reply. Yes its a bit strange isnt it and no i am not displying all the entries at the same time, just the first 20. I guess there must be some logical reason for it so will keep looking and see if i can come up with an answer.

Regards

Mart

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mart,

Before you get this dump, there might be some action you might have done.(clicking the button Etc)

ie upon some action this dump might have come. It could be case

when a event is raised then there is no proper event handler for it. Event might be expecting some parameters that are mandatory........or parameter wrongly sent..mismatch of type......... or

The event handler Id is wrong...

Before you analyse the dump, try to find the prior action that is causing the dump.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thanks for reply I will check, only thing is this worked fine for this particular user until just recently and now it doesnt. Also other people can login fine and its using same abap code.

The user is basically pressing a button on the front screen and the dump happens while waiting for the next view to be displayed!

Regards

Mart