cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving files in the Receiver File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to archive the file created in the Receiver File adapter. Reading from the link below,

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/content.htm]

I gave the command cp %F <target dir> in the Command Line of "Run Operating System Command After Message Processing".

But it does not work. Can anyone please help me out?

Thanks,

Geetha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure that the OS user <sid>adm has sufficient rights to write into the target directory?

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

I tried the command , it didnt work. My PI is installed on Windows Operating system. So should I use any different command like "copy" instead of "cp"?

Hi Volker,

I have access to the archive folder.

Thanks,

Geetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah

Just try using cmd.exe copy %f <target dir>

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

I tried that. The audit log does not show any errors. It says exceuted the OS command. I am not sure whats going wrong here.

Thanks,

Geetha

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use these blogs for your troubleshooting

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/17/xi-operation-system-command--error-catching

/people/santhosh.kumarv/blog/2008/07/27/glimpse-at-os-command-yet-another-scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Did you try to perform the same command directly on OS level with user <sid>adm and then it worked?

On windows you should use "copy" or "move" instead of "cp" and use the option to suppress confirmation of overwriting existing files.

For details on copy/move command and its options enter <command>/? on OS level.

Next you could try is to "pack" the copy command into a batch file xyz.bat and here you pipe the result into a file. Then execute this batch file from PI and have a look into the result file.

Regards,

Volker

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

are you using your NFS or FTP?

OS commands are executed on NFS (PI server) so you should look in the directory on PI server(not on FTP).

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

I am using NFS and I am looking into the PI server.

Thanks,

Geetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Please try using the following command cmd.exe cp %F <target dir>

also check RWB and see whats the notification you are getting in audit log for OS command execution

Thanx

Aamir

Edited by: Aamir Suhail on Apr 16, 2009 10:08 AM