Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usage of native webdynpro dropdown

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I want to use a dropdown in my interactive form, and I was wondering -

What's the use of the native dropdown? What's it's advantage over the standard dropdown?

I read it's documentation, but it doesn't say the differences between them, or how to use it.

If I understand correctly, it's values are filled in the WebDynpro environment, and so I send only an attribute in the context, instead of a table.

Is that correct?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both, but that's not what I meant.

I know the difference between ZCI and ACF, and I'm using ZCI. my question is this:

There's the regular drop down, that's in the Standard library,

and there's the drop down that's in the WebDynpro Native library.

I want to know what's the difference between them, and why should I use the drop down that's in the WebDynpro Native library instead of the one in the Standard library.

Best regards,

Udi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK eventually I've used the native drop-down list, and it works with single fields, but I couldn't get it working in tables.

I did a table in the context like this:

PDFData (1..1)

-->InfoTab (1..1, singletone)

-

>InfoRow (0..n, singletone)

-

>InfoData (1..1, non-singletone)

All thses are nodes, and an attribute in InfoData called Name. I created a single element in the InfoRow node, and put some values in the InfoData Name attribute, using ModifiableValueSet.

Then I have created a table in the form, which is bound to InfoTab, it's row is bound to InfoRow, and a native drop down field bound to the Name attribute.

And it has no values to select from.

How can I make it work?

Best regards,

Udi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udi,

Native dropdowns are used in ZCI (Zero Client Install) forms where you dont require ACF installation on client machine. Apart from this, ZCI forms are platform independent (Can run on Linux, etc).

Hope this helps!!

Cheers,

Arafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

The DDLS in the ActiveX tab requires ACF installation where as native DDLS works without the installation of the ACF on the client's machine. Best practice is to go for native DDLS.

Thanks!

Surya.