cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro Explorer disappeared!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to create my first interactive form.

I created the project, the views and the UI elements using the Web Dynpro Perspective in the Developer Studio. I then tried to create the form. The Adobe Designer opened OK, but the hierarchy and data view panes were missing.

As I am new to the Dvpr Studio, I clicked around a few tabs to try to get this.

Now my Web Dynpro Perspective has none of the Web Dynpro options in it. In Customize perspective - show view, they are not available for selection.

Even did a complete reinstall of Dvpr Studio, but still the same.

Anyone got any ideas?

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To get Designer palettes back when they disappear, in the Designer menu, go to Palettes -> Manage palettes -> Left Palettes (or whereever you had them).

Just realized you asked about the WD Explorer, too. Any of the views in the Developer Studio can 'disappear' by clicking on the small x in the top right corner of the view. You get them back through the menu: Window -> Show View -> <your selection>

Cheers,

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management

Message was edited by: Markus Meisl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus

Unfortunately things are not that simple. The web dynpro view is no longer available as an option. Even when I try to customise the web dynpro perspective and add views to show, no web dynpro options are available to select.

I reinstalled the dvpr studio which didn't work. Do you know if there is a local file that holds this config data that I need to delete?

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Did you try Window > Restore Perspective?

You could also delete the .metadata folder from your workspace directory - all the plugin configurations are stored there... You will have to reimport your projects and stuff afterwards, but it might help with your problem.

BR,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel

Thanks. Deleting the .metadata folder did the trick.

Cheers

Mark

Answers (0)