cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Composer - Input Output elements problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have problem to make two VC iViews working/cooperating with each other.

I've read the help, the forum here, I've tried a lot in VC, but still I'm not able to solve the problem, how to pass some information from the first iView to the second. Here is the scenario.

I made the iView as in BANK_DETAILS Demo (video). I added two "output elements" - first called "BankID" with fields "BANK_KEY, BANK_CTRY, BANK_NAME and CITY" (the default output from bapi function BAPI_BANK_GETLIST). The second output element "BankDetails" contains fields of BAPI_BANK_GETDETAIL structure ADDRESS. So in design view of the page "BankDetailsPage" I have iView "BankDetailsView" with two "points" (actually it's a rhombus), which obviously represent the output elements.

I create another iView within the same page called "BankChangesSave". In it there are two "input elements" called "BankID" and BankDetails". You might already guess there is the bapi function BAPI_BANK_CHANGE in that iView as well. The input elements are linked to that bapi's inputs "Input" and "Bank Address". The "Return" structure is put to a form.

So in designof the page I have the second iView with two points represent the input elements.

Whole functionality should be - the user changes some details in the "Bank Details"input form, confirm this with Submit button and the information should be transfered to the second iView to be storedin DB.

And now to the point of my troubles. I thought that I should drag&pull the "output point" and plase on the proper "input element". Unfortunatelly this is not possible - VisualComposer simply doesn't allow me to do that.

Am I doing anything wrong... or the whole thing works a little bit different - e.g. via iViews EVENTING or something else.

Thank you for any reactions - award points ready to be assigned

Regards

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree completly with <b>Massimiliano</b>as he decribed you need map the necessary fields.

I have done this execercise several times if you want i can also send you the model.

Thanks,

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

Please send me the model.

My e-mail id is : deep.chakrabarti@lntinfotech.com

Thanks a lot in advance,

Deep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

I am also having similar problem. If possible can you please also forward me that model to sap.inbox<at>gmail.com . It would be helpful.

Thanks a lot and waiting for the model.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I have some problem exporting the model, maybe ASP permission on the VC server, so I try to explain the steps I do to make in/out working.

In this examlpe I use two bapi envolved in SD Customer information but you can use any other R/3 tables bapi.

Here you are:

1) Drag a new page and double click on it

2) Drag a new iView and double click on it

3) On your datasource select you bapi in my example I search for "SD_RFC_CUSTOMER_GET", drag it into your iView.

Drag out the input point and create a new input form.

Drag out the output point and create a table view and choose some visible fields.

Now drag out the output point on Customer Table and create a output port.

4) IMPORTANT

Right click on output port and choose "define properties"

Choose a name (I choose KUNNR) and change the EPCM event (I use com.sap.visualcomposer:KUNNR).

Note that in the output port you can see the same fields you have in the customer table, remember the name of the fields you want to use in the second iView.

If you have some sd customer you can test the iView on preview searching for a customer (field Name1 in uppercase).

5) Now create a new iView in the same page and drag a bapi in it (I choose KNA1_READ).

6) Drag out the input point and choose Input Port.

7) repeat the step 4 choosing the same name and epcm event.

😎 Right click on Input port and choose "Define fields"

Remove the default one (in my example PI_CUSTOMER) and add a new one with the same name and type of the field you want to import from the first iView (that's the tip!

P.S.

If it solve consider the reward point, please

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already sent you the model to your ID.

Thanks,

Surya

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also have the same issue. can you send me the model

rlaird@ibaset.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

as in thread ... everything was about the permissions.

So far I work with EP, it still surprises me how it is "permission oriented" and that the functionality of all EP (including VC) could be so terribly influenced by permissions (so little documented and mentioned on SDN) .. :(((

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deep, Redy

I'm trying to export the model but I get the error "006ASP 0177Server.CreateObject Failed" and the export crashes.

Tomas, I agree with you about permission.

I have a broblem on this issue:

My model works fine only if I use the Administrator user (the one who generate the par in VC). If I use another user I get an error on system connection.

Regards

Massimiliano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Massimiliano,

that problem .. I had to solve as well ;). Just create group eg. "R47_SystemUsers", add yourself into it and assign that group to the system with full permission. This you must do in "System Administration->System Configuration->System Landscape->"your system"

Regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

done without results!

I had configured my system with full control by my user, my group, everyone!!!

Note that if I create a Query iView on the same system I have no access error. The error only appears with iView generated by VC.

Bye

Massimiliano

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see, your system is non-SAP .. isn't it. Well in that case i cannot advise you since I haven't made such a scenario.

Have you tried the "preview" tab in VC ?

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tomas,

my system is a JDBC system connected to Oracle with sap standard driver (the only way to get tables and store procedures).

I create a model using this system as "Administrator" user in EP.

This model works perfectly after deploying on EP if I logon as Administrator but doesn't work (backand connection error) if I logon as "myUser".

"myUser" and "myGroup" as FullControl on system and deploied iViews.

If I create a query iView connecting to the same JDBC system it works for administrator and myUser as well.

If I assign super_admin role to myUser the VC iviews work fine.

That's all!!

Thank you for the answer

Bye

Massimiliano

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understood it even from previous message ... the situation is similar to my case of "page deploying". When you use Administrator to connect VC->EP, the VC probably deploys "something somewhere" apart from your iView, what is unreachable for myUser afterwards.

This is question on SAP developers than on me.

As I wrote in other thread it would be good to provide us (or post it on SDN) a list of necessary permissions to be assigned to "VC User".

Regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem.

It seems not to be enough to call the input and output port with the same name to make them working.

Is there someone who has connected two iView with in/out ports?

Regards

Massimiliano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

finally I get it!

The tips is that in the input port you don't automatically get the same fields you have in your output one. So you have to add in IN port the field you need with the same name of fields you have in OUT port.

At this point you can map the fields in your BAPI.

If you need I can send you the model.

If it helps you, please don't remember reward point.

Bye

Massimiliano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Massimiliano,

I know the fields mapping must be maintained between IN port and BAPI .. the only point is the values handling simply didn't work on my portal.

Anyway if would be so kind and send me your model on my SDN id (or tomas.toth<at>ness-europe.com) ... I would be greatful.

Regards.

Tom

P.S. POINTS ADDED

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i'm having the same problem. Can you send me your model please.

Thanks in advance

Kurt

ranftk@delaware.be

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kurt,

I spent another 2 or 3 days struggling with VC. I would recommend to find out a different way, how to solve your problem (SAP NW DevStudio). Or you can wait for VC 7.0 .. 'should be released in Q3-4/2006.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've just found far in the forum that the behavior in the "page design" isOK (that its not possible to link the iViews.

So what am I suppose to do ? just create the page,include theiViews in it and that's all ?

THX.

Tom

Message was edited by: Tomas Toth