Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Visual Composer - Input Output elements problem

Hello,

I have problem to make two VC iViews working/cooperating with each other.

I've read the help, the forum here, I've tried a lot in VC, but still I'm not able to solve the problem, how to pass some information from the first iView to the second. Here is the scenario.

I made the iView as in BANK_DETAILS Demo (video). I added two "output elements" - first called "BankID" with fields "BANK_KEY, BANK_CTRY, BANK_NAME and CITY" (the default output from bapi function BAPI_BANK_GETLIST). The second output element "BankDetails" contains fields of BAPI_BANK_GETDETAIL structure ADDRESS. So in design view of the page "BankDetailsPage" I have iView "BankDetailsView" with two "points" (actually it's a rhombus), which obviously represent the output elements.

I create another iView within the same page called "BankChangesSave". In it there are two "input elements" called "BankID" and BankDetails". You might already guess there is the bapi function BAPI_BANK_CHANGE in that iView as well. The input elements are linked to that bapi's inputs "Input" and "Bank Address". The "Return" structure is put to a form.

So in designof the page I have the second iView with two points represent the input elements.

Whole functionality should be - the user changes some details in the "Bank Details"input form, confirm this with Submit button and the information should be transfered to the second iView to be storedin DB.

And now to the point of my troubles. I thought that I should drag&pull the "output point" and plase on the proper "input element". Unfortunatelly this is not possible - VisualComposer simply doesn't allow me to do that.

Am I doing anything wrong... or the whole thing works a little bit different - e.g. via iViews EVENTING or something else.

Thank you for any reactions - award points ready to be assigned

Regards

Tom

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question