cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible problems or bugs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I want to know the possible bugs or errors, of having SAP on Linux, I want to know the disadvantage of make a change of OS (actually I run SAP on Unix)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually, I face a lot of problem according to JAVA library. A lot of seen problems are not defined in the document.

Truly,

Tasama

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

one stumbling block might be the sorting order of linux. As every operating system has its own sorting order there may be not the same results if working on different applicationservers which have different opertating systems underneath. SAP Note 171356 mentions this regarding heterogeneous system environments.

hth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you talking from server point of view or from client point of view?

Message was edited by: Rafa de Castro

Former Member
0 Kudos

both points!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have made many installations on several linux driven machines (all SuSE) for the last 2 years. I can tell that if you follow the installation documentations and administration documentations well you will face no bugs from SAP.

There are a bunch of installation problems but all of these are covered in sap inst documents or sap notes.

I have received no problems arising from Linux from the viewpoint of maintenence and administration.

I would go for it.